Dumb question about LV

Buttery

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
Okay, this is going to sound like a dumb question to many of you who are LV experts, but I just have to ask...

I just saw a Popincourt Haut on ebay that said on the inside:
LOUIS VUITTON
PARIS
made in U.S.A.
Are some LV bags made in the United States? It just doesn't seem right to me. I like the idea of it being made in Paris much better. :shame: :lol:

i have a few LV bags and some clothes and i have never seen anything, other than made in france, and i have purchased in more than one contry. sounds a bit dodge to me... but then who is ever an expert but the store, i would ring your local one and ask if you are really interested in the bag, better to be sure.

Buttery, For the speedy, I have both the 25 and 40 and I bought then at the same time and both are made in the US. I bought these about 4/5 years ago, so this could have changed by now. And I bought them and the LV store so they were definitly from the US.

But both my pochettes (the cherry and panda one) are made in France. So I guess it really depends.

It's funny, I don't care where my bags are made, I think it's cool the US makes some LV items and yet all my bags happen to be from France. HAHA!!!! I don't ask for any certain place when I buy them, I just ask for one that's not out on the floor.

EDIT: sorry I double checked, everything except my PH is made in france, my PH was made here. :smile:

The LV workshops in France could no longer keep up with the production demand so new workshops were opened overseas. I've yet to hear of a bag sold in France (like at the Champs E. flagship store) that wasn't made there. But in the USA, you find them from all of the workshops.
Most of the bags produced in the USA are Monogram.