Duffle Travel Bag, Advice!?

Hi,

Im a guy who is searching for a travel bag. I need a bag that is understated, but has maybe some extravagant details and is generally high quality. I really like the Gigenchy Antigona, but unfortunately its too small. It should be around 50 cm long, because im 6 ft tall and small bags look too feminine on me.
Furthermore I like the Saint Laurent Duffle 48 or the Bottega Veneta large Duffle Bag.

Are there any other bags you can recommend me? I think even feminine bags, who are large enough can be carried by men. If I had the money, I probably would buy a large Hermes Birkin.

What are your suggestions?

How about a Mulberry? Oversized Bayswater has some nice buckle detailing on the front. Longchamp also has some great looking bags, like this Kate Moss for LC which is very unisex, as is Le Foulonne with its great variety of color.
My own dream travel bag would probably be a Mulberry Piccadilly with added studs to give it more edge. Going to try that on my Tiger of Sweden Meya which is pretty similar in looks&size - we'll see when I get the courage to do it! :biggrin:

Hi,

Im a guy who is searching for a travel bag. I need a bag that is understated, but has maybe some extravagant details and is generally high quality. I really like the Gigenchy Antigona, but unfortunately its too small. It should be around 50 cm long, because im 6 ft tall and small bags look too feminine on me.

Furthermore I like the Saint Laurent Duffle 48 or the Bottega Veneta large Duffle Bag.

Are there any other bags you can recommend me? I think even feminine bags, who are large enough can be carried by men. If I had the money, I probably would buy a large Hermes Birkin.

Looks like you don't mind expensive bags so how about Philip Lim 31 hour bag, Valextra Babila Travel, or Balenciaga travel duffel? If you're into Hermes, I would get the Travel Bolide or Travel Victoria over a 40cm or 55cm Birkin. The Birkin is so heavy it would tear your arm off if you actually pack it with stuff. The Bolide or Victoria are also cheaper than the larger Birkins (which don't have great resale value, if that matters to you).

Hi,

I would definitely suggest against getting the Saint Laurent.. I was in the same place as you and well I was actually talked out of getting one (I was thinking of getting the 12 for uni) and the SA told me that despite the bags name the design of the bag and the material that is used to construct the bag can cause damage if heavy items are placed inside the bag for long periods of time, etc.

I would honestly suggest you go for LV as they are well made and if you don't like the Monogram or the Damier pieces, you could go for the all leather Keepalls that are around the same size the the SLP Duffel. Maybe an Epi leather Keepall or a Damier Infini or a Nomade leather Keepall would do it for you... They are pretty minimal in terms of design but the quality and durability will last you a lifetime! They maybe cost more, but in terms of cost/wear its worth it!

Other brands that I may suggest are Goyard, Gucci, Balenciaga or Prada... :smile:

Best of luck!