Duffle or Montaigne BB

• Duffle

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Montaigne BB

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

daisy913

Apr 26, 2019
As the title suggests, I'm debating between the duffle bag or montaigne bb. Each bag has pros and cons for me, but I still can't decide.

I don't like how the duffle has an s-lock (hate them) and the bottom is vachetta with no feet. However, I really like the silhouette and I'm a fan of the vachetta detailing. I'm also wondering if it would be too similar to my cannes. With the montaigne bb, I don't really like how the handles are inside the bag. I didn't like how they kind of just flopped over each other. Trying to grab things out of the bag in the store, I did not like that the handles were in the way. I'm also wondering if anyone who owns the bag feels like things fall out of it easily. At the same time though, I love that montaigne bb is rather simple. To me, it has an understated elegance. On top of that, there's rumors that the montaignes will be discontinued...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Screenshot_2019-07-14-17-29-00-1-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-14-16-21-28-1-1.png

Montaigne BB is so much more useful than the Duffle. It can hold way more and although it’s not as unique as the Duffle, I don’t see it around too too much (like NF or Speedy). The Montaigne handles aren’t that bad when left out, I think it gets kinda weird if you try to tuck them in.

Reactions: luvspurses
I really like the Montaigne, a friend of mine has one and loves it - I think it's much more practical than the Duffle bag - especially if you have the Cannes, they are quite similar to me :angel:

Agree with @whateve. You keep saying things you dislike about either bag, maybe try going to the boutique in person and try on a few different bags to see which styles you do like.

I'm not a fan of the Montaigne top handles personally and the duffle looks cute but maybe not as useful. I would go crazy trying to keep that Vachetta protected constantly.

@whateve and @PurseAddict728 most bags have pros and cons for me, which is why I'm having a hard time deciding. Thankfully, I have a very patient SA. I think what's making this hard too is that duffle is more in line with my style, but montaigne bb is much more practical for where I live. I'm leaning towards montaigne but there's not too many pages discussing the duffle (I don't think a clubhouse even exists), and I was hoping that by making this post, I would be able to read more views and insights that I haven't considered for either.

I have the duffle b/c I prefer the shape and it’s very reminiscent of early LV from the 80s. I love that vibe. It’s easy to get stuff as I leave it open often. If you worry about vachetta I would pass. I have embraced vachetta. I don’t really worry about it anymore. I’m careful and don’t throw it around but I don’t expect it to be pristine. And I used patina champ method so I don’t get water stains. I do prefer the more tanned vachetta as well.