Duffle kit color?

Tomsmom

O.G.
Mar 29, 2011
Dh bought me the Cognac large duffle for Christmas :smile:. I'm loving the duffle kits and the option to change the look of the bag. But...what color with the cognac? The only one I've seen is parchment with the brass (the cognac has brass as well). Any opinions?

Tomsmom said:
Dh bought me the Cognac large duffle for Christmas :smile:. I'm loving the duffle kits and the option to change the look of the bag. But...what color with the cognac? The only one I've seen is parchment with the brass (the cognac has brass as well). Any opinions?

Carnelian for sure! Also cobalt. Have fun!

Carnelian was my first thought as well. You could always hang both hangtags on the bag to have a 2-tone hardware look, too - make it cohesive if the contrasting rivets would bother you. Good luck deciding!

PS - I think carnelian was on sale on Macy's web site. :graucho:

greenpixie said:
Carnelian was my first thought as well. You could always hang both hangtags on the bag to have a 2-tone hardware look, too - make it cohesive if the contrasting rivets would bother you. Good luck deciding!

I second the dual hang tag idea

I second the dual hang tag idea
You can do dual tassels, too ;) ... Initially I was bummed that while the grey/fuchsia Textured Leather Duffle comes with silver hardware, the duffle kit is brass...If you can swap out the ball chain on the hang tag, tho, you're down to the eyelets and it's not that noticeable...Even on my Tourmaline/Fuchsia Duffle (I'm waiting on another duffle kit cuz I wanted another fuchsia tassel set) ..Lord and Taylor has the duffle kits on sale for $73.49 and more colors left than anyone else..They still have yellow, cobalt, parchment, fuchsia, black and carnelian.

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/handbags-viewallhandbags-lordandtaylor

"Kendra" - (Birthday Bag#1...I just got her on Friday)

Kendra.jpg

and
"Melanie" - Legacy Textured Leather Duffle with *lots* of mods ;)

Mellie.jpg

Last edited:
Carnelian for sure! Also cobalt. Have fun!

Thanks so much ladies :biggrin: I NEVER thought of the carnelian, off to search Macy's site....

You can do dual tassels, too ;) ... Initially I was bummed that while the grey/fuchsia Textured Leather Duffle comes with silver hardware, the duffle kit is brass...If you can swap out the ball chain on the hang tag, tho, you're down to the eyelets and it's not that noticeable...Even on my Tourmaline/Fuchsia Duffle (I'm waiting on another duffle kit cuz I wanted another fuchsia tassel set) ..Lord and Taylor has the duffle kits on sale for $73.49 and more colors left than anyone else..They still have yellow, cobalt, parchment, fuchsia, black and carnelian.

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/handbags-viewallhandbags-lordandtaylor

"Kendra" - (Birthday Bag#1...I just got her on Friday)

View attachment 2004547

and
"Melanie" - Legacy Textured Leather Duffle with *lots* of mods ;)

View attachment 2004548

Gorgeous!!!!

I have the cognac and got the camel kit by accident. I asked for the fuschia and was given the camel and decided to keep it. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• DufflewKit.jpg
    DufflewKit.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 573
Just wondering about my new burnt orange duffle that I haven't used yet...thinking about using it probably through spring...other than the camel duffle kit...what are thoughts about cobalt or emerald? Leaning towards cobalt, but must own something in emerald :smile: Or just leave duffle as is? TIA for any advice!

Just wondering about my new burnt orange duffle that I haven't used yet...thinking about using it probably through spring...other than the camel duffle kit...what are thoughts about cobalt or emerald? Leaning towards cobalt, but must own something in emerald :smile: Or just leave duffle as is? TIA for any advice!

Both colors would be pretty but using the emerald with the orange would remind me of a pumpkin! How about fuchsia or sunflower?

Both colors would be pretty but using the emerald with the orange would remind me of a pumpkin! How about fuchsia or sunflower?

Ha! See that's why I had to get advice...didn't even think pumpkin, but you're right! :smile: I just have to find something in that emerald color :smile: I was tempted to get the emerald duffle instead, but love the color orange so figure I'd start with that color. Hmmm sunflower might make it more springy :smile: Thanks!