Dudes and their Diors

Dior Lock its cute but NO space in ! its really small the inside!! And that price, Girl you are not Chanel, slow down on the price point!
View attachment 5073227View attachment 5073228
I am obsessed with these pouches, currently deciding on which size to get, but yes the prices make it very hard to pull the trigger! The nano size is definitely just a card holder with a strap, but I'm really digging the look of it, much cheaper than the bigger pouch but still expensive for a card case. The bigger size would be much more convenient, and it looks so nice especially in beige/taupe (omg that color), but the price tag... :shocked:

I am obsessed with these pouches, currently deciding on which size to get, but yes the prices make it very hard to pull the trigger! The nano size is definitely just a card holder with a strap, but I'm really digging the look of it, much cheaper than the bigger pouch but still expensive for a card case. The bigger size would be much more convenient, and it looks so nice especially in beige/taupe (omg that color), but the price tag... :shocked:

I Know the taupe is look so nice ! I don't know if you are in canada but if its positive act fast only 3 in canada for the Taupe.

Reactions: averagejoe
I got the brown and beige one from almost a year ago. I really like it. Haven't worn it, yet. Not many opportunities, especially with so many lockdowns.

Looks good on you, but if you're undecided on a pricey item, then maybe it's best to get something else that you love,

You‘re right, I ended up returning it. No regrets. I liked it but well, there was something missing.

How are you cleaning your expensive designer RTW? Dry clean? I bought some special cashmere shampoo and have done a cold handwash, works pretty well so far.

(Mini Review !) This was a while ago, but here is a day out with my new Dior Lock Bag. Also some pros and cons of this bag after having it for a month:
  • (+) Handle: Absolutely gorgeous. The detail on it is a stunner and definitely a show stopper. I personally love to carry it by hand as opposed to using the adjustable strap. Get some matching rings and I think it works so well.
  • (+) Size and Weight: You would think it's a heavy bag due to its structure, but it relatively light (feels more lighter than the Dior x Rimowa Personal Clutch). Size-wise, I typically carry a small cardholder, AirPods, key pouch, pen, hand sanitizer, hand cream, lip balm, small pack of wipes, 2 extra face masks in a ziplock (#pandemicessentials), and my iPhone (XS Max).
  • (-) Card Slots: There are 3 front card slots inside the bag. When using the bag for the first time, it was a bit difficult to insert your cards, especially in the lower slots. You kind of have to stretch the slots out for a bit, but have to be a bit careful due to the soft leather. It can be a bit hard to pull them out as the front edge of the enclosure limits your hand from getting into the slots.
I do think in terms of styling, it would look more elegant and a standout with more "formal-ish" clothing. I personally believe it's more of a fall/winter bag as opposed to the spring/summer, but that maybe due to my wardrobe.

Overall, I really love this bag due to its uniqueness. Loving the compliments I've got for it so far and it really does make peoples' heads turn as it's something different. I think it has a potential to be a timeless piece for years to come, and is currently the bag I would save in case of a fire.

If you got any questions, let me know !
It looks so good on you!! Your review is making me want one now:amuse:

• Love
Reactions: anontoronto
You‘re right, I ended up returning it. No regrets. I liked it but well, there was something missing.

How are you cleaning your expensive designer RTW? Dry clean? I bought some special cashmere shampoo and have done a cold handwash, works pretty well so far.
I have dry-cleaned some, and some I have washed in my washer under the hand-wash setting on its own, and then I set the spin cycle to dry it out, and then I hang dry it. It has worked well so far, although for knits, I would follow the instructions on the label to a T in case I ruin it, although I didn't know there were special cashmere shampoos. Maybe worth a try since I have had a dry cleaner ruin one of my silk ties before (they burnt the silk).

• Wow
Reactions: 880
It was love at first sight when I saw these, but I was hesitant to commit to buying them because I already have two pairs of B23s. However, seeing them in different pictures before they arrived at the store, I became obsessed! And they finally came in.

Introducing my 3rd pair of B23s:
20210507_174238.jpg20210507_174332.jpg20210507_174521.jpg
I always admired the denim logo LV shoes, but now they finally came out in a Dior version! :heart:

I have dry-cleaned some, and some I have washed in my washer under the hand-wash setting on its own, and then I set the spin cycle to dry it out, and then I hang dry it. It has worked well so far, although for knits, I would follow the instructions on the label to a T in case I ruin it, although I didn't know there were special cashmere shampoos. Maybe worth a try since I have had a dry cleaner ruin one of my silk ties before (they burnt the silk).

You may want to look into products by ‘The Laundress‘. They have a spray which you can use to disinfect knitwear every now and then (smells nice so no worries). On top of that they also have a cashmere/wool shampoo you can use to clean it with cold water in a tub by hand. I have washed a Balenciaga turtleneck and a Prada knit sweater this way and it worked well.

Your story sounds awful, imagine it to be one of these expensive Dior silk shirts. Yikes!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and averagejoe
You may want to look into products by ‘The Laundress‘. They have a spray which you can use to disinfect knitwear every now and then (smells nice so no worries). On top of that they also have a cashmere/wool shampoo you can use to clean it with cold water in a tub by hand. I have washed a Balenciaga turtleneck and a Prada knit sweater this way and it worked well.

Your story sounds awful, imagine it to be one of these expensive Dior silk shirts. Yikes!
I second recommending The Laundress. They have a stain remover, as denim wash, the aforementioned wash for delicates, a sport wash for gym clothes...I can buy it in Vancouver.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and averagejoe

I second recommending The Laundress. They have a stain remover, as denim wash, the aforementioned wash for delicates, a sport wash for gym clothes...I can buy it in Vancouver.
Wow the things I learn on this forum! Thank you very, very much! I'm going to look into where I can buy it in Toronto.

I was at Dior and tired this bag. It looks so effortless and casual, love the hobo bag vibe. But I think the price is a bit too deep, about 30000hkd (~4000usd)
I like this bag but even when it was first released, I thought the price was insane! The giant Oblique wool version was $7200 CAD. They increased the prices of all styles of this bag even more now. The high price point makes me consider other bags at this price, even from other brands. For instance, I could get a Peekaboo Iseeyou at that price, which I like more than this Saddle hobo.

The small one is nice, with a more palatable price, although I missed my chance to have it transferred in from Vancouver and it is not available in Canada at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: Christofle
I like this bag but even when it was first released, I thought the price was insane! The giant Oblique wool version was $7200 CAD. They increased the prices of all styles of this bag even more now. The high price point makes me consider other bags at this price, even from other brands. For instance, I could get a Peekaboo Iseeyou at that price, which I like more than this Saddle hobo.

The small one is nice, with a more palatable price, although I missed my chance to have it transferred in from Vancouver and it is not available in Canada at the moment.

Honestly, the price is a bit too much. I think I could get a mini Gabrielle bag in Tweed from Chanel with this price tag, which has been on my wishlist for a long time hahah:P

I also think the price hikes have become insane especially considering the time frame. You can't get Kim Jones' design anywhere else with the limited edition prints and such, but if you're not set on getting those exact designs, you have a lot choice from other brands in the same product categories with better value. Here in my Alaskan neighborhood, Hermes is much more accessible than Dior, and is turning out to be better value in many categories like RTW and shoes too. That is just one example, I'm not saying this from the perspective "hermes is always better", just from a local perspective. For others who might not be interested in Hermes, it might be other brands or even local tailoring services if you mostly care about looking good and not the brand aspect.

In any event, I can't wait for travel to become a bit easier, there are some items from both the summer collection and the Scharf collection that I'm interested in and that seem to be impossible to get online. :biggrin: