Duck Dynasty on A&E

You might want to read up some more. Cities/counties specifically encourage hunting due to overpopulation of some animals. It's a very real thing.

This is a thread about the show. If you'd like to debate hunting, start another thread. :smile:

Duck hunters in Louisiana persuaded the state wildlife agency to direct $100,000 a year toward “reduced predator impact,” which involved trapping foxes and raccoons so that more duck eggs would hatch, giving hunters more birds to kill. The Ohio Division of Wildlife teamed up with a hunter-organized society to push for clear-cutting (i.e., decimating large tracts of trees) in Wayne National Forest in order to “produce habitat needed by ruffed grouse."

You might want to read up some more. I guess I'm just more evolved than some that defend ignorant cruelty and think a show like this is funny.

zippie said:
Duck hunters in Louisiana persuaded the state wildlife agency to direct $100,000 a year toward “reduced predator impact,” which involved trapping foxes and raccoons so that more duck eggs would hatch, giving hunters more birds to kill. The Ohio Division of Wildlife teamed up with a hunter-organized society to push for clear-cutting (i.e., decimating large tracts of trees) in Wayne National Forest in order to “produce habitat needed by ruffed grouse."

You might want to read up some more. I guess I'm just more evolved than some that defend ignorant cruelty and think a show like this is funny.

Oh my gosh. Really. ????

You might want to read up some more. Cities/counties specifically encourage hunting due to overpopulation of some animals. It's a very real thing.

This is a thread about the show. If you'd like to debate hunting, start another thread. :smile:

Please do start another thread. I get the impression you came here just to argue the ethics of hunting in the Television and Cinema sub forum. If you feel that way, great, but be prepared for others to not agree.

Could you give me the specifics of these programs? I did some digging and could only find the reference to an article cited on the PETA site and numerous other anti hunting sites, but could not find the exact article, or much info in the program itself. I did find info on a Predator Program initiated by a private organization, but nothing else. Actually, if you can find that article, start another thread and post it in there.

Back on topic. :smile:

I don't find a show about a bunch of rednecks killing innocent animals hilarious.

Seriously.

No one is a bigger animal lover than I am.

A lot of people hunt and fish for their own food (deer, moose, elk, duck, and squirrel and frog, apparently).

It is not their hunting that I find hilarious and the show is not about their hunting.

Hunting is the absolute most organic way to put meat on the table. If you live in a rural area, you are aware what kind of problems overpopulation causes.

I agree, the grocery store is kind of a scary place. Especially after watching Food, Inc.

Amen. That show is absolutely frightening. I now only buy meat/poultry/eggs from local farms and not from the grocery store.

I love this show, they don't seem backward at all - except maybe Uncle Si

Does anyone get the feeling maybe Phil's business made good money while the boys were growing up, maybe not like it does now but they seem well spoken like they went to good schools. Someone paid for Willie's university degree & they have nice teeth - like they had braces growing up.

I get the feeling they had a comfortable upbringing

I have perfect teeth, if I do say so myself, and they are that way naturally.

I'm pretty sure they said that all of them have college educations except Uncle Si.

i was pretty impressed that they actually make all the duckcalls.
that's a whole lotta duck calls to make with just a few people lol

made me laugh when the one brother was talking about the brother in charge about how he's now into wearing suits but if you walked by him on the street you'd just think he was looking for some spare change lol

i dunno how those wives deal with the beards.... their wives are very pretty. wonder how they met them???

I could not deal with those beards either!

The grandfather giving girl advice to his grandson was so funny!

I have perfect teeth, if I do say so myself, and they are that way naturally.

I'm pretty sure they said that all of them have college educations except Uncle Si
!

Yes, I think all of Phil's siblings except Si went to college...what I was trying to say is I like how they are articulate and not as backwards as someone would think based on their appearances...that made me think Phil was successful before Willie turned his business into a multi-million dollar company so his sons didn't grow up dirt poor backwards, I think they did ok...

I just read some interesting facts on Phil - he was recruited to play football out of high school for several big schools...went to Louisiana Tech and played with Terry Bradshaw who wrote about Phil in his biography...graduated and was a teacher for a few years and then got his master's degree in Education all before starting his duck calling business

slang said:
Yes, I think all of Phil's siblings except Si went to college...what I was trying to say is I like how they are articulate and not as backwards as someone would think based on their appearances...that made me think Phil was successful before Willie turned his business into a multi-million dollar company so his sons didn't grow up dirt poor backwards, I think they did ok...

I just read some interesting facts on Phil - he was recruited to play football out of high school for several big schools...went to Louisiana Tech and played with Terry Bradshaw who wrote about Phil in his biography...graduated and was a teacher for a few years and then got his master's degree in Education all before starting his duck calling business

wow -proves the point you cant judge a book by its cover

:yes:

(well okay maybe we run neck and neck! :lol:)

Seriously, now I gotta check out this show!

You know I am horribly green with envy as you have my dream job.

I absolutely do not agree with trophy hunting and most definitely think that those who get their kicks by killing animals for "fun" (coyotes, gophers, whatever) are nothing but a bunch of sick f****.

There is a point to killing coyotes, they kill livestock which turns out to be an expensive threat to an investment, which is for organic, grass fed beef. It's not for fun, it's a necessity when you've exhausted all other options, i.e. natural repellents such as donkeys and llamas.

Anyway, back OT.