Dual or tri colour questions.

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
I've seen several pictures of the kelly and birkin in 2 or 3 different colours (same leather or maybe even different leather - I can't really differentiate some of the leathers yet :shame:smile:. Anyway, does Hermes have restrictions on the colour combination when you do SO? I understand that some colours are retired but can they still do them for you?

I really love to get a BBK with a raisin or deep purple interior and I haven't seen one on any of the approved resellers' sites. I've seen other colour combinations and they look stunning.

Also, is it really true that the SO with dual/tri colour combination take longer? The SA here told me that it would be around 8-12 mos compared to just a single colour which is about 6 mos.

As far as I know, none.

However, Hermes will NOT tell you right away whether your combo is accepted until after submission. How Hermes determine whether they will accept the SO is beyond anyone's guess, with the usual suspect of lack of leather, not big enough goat and/or others!

The only way is to try placing a SO and see if they will accept it!

Thank you for your reply. I can't really place an order as I really want to check out the leather book first. The boutique here doesn't have a leather book yet, just opened in Oct.

I am not sure about your local store but in Hong Kong they do not accept SO (dual color). They just open the waiting at the beginning of the year and when I placed an order of a single color birkin just last Saturday, the SA said it should be here in about 2 to 3 years.

But when I placed a SO in Paris last Oct, the SA in Paris said my dual color birkin should be ready in about 1 year. And the SA did say regular color takes about 6 months (which is faster than SO.

Technically, for SOs, every color is open.

It however, will boil down to the availability of leathers, and as hanyeu mentioned, Paris's decision (however they make it).

For example, last season all chevre SOs outside of France were apparently denied due to lack of good chevre leather, so I would assume that all the colors that only come in chevre would hence not be available.

depnding on the color and skin im not sure in my experiance it is pretty hard in croc but a series of two tone kellys were oferred at podium so you might see an uprise in twotones soon the color combos are not restricted taste wise beacuase as long as it does not tamper the quality and principals colors are not sunch an issue i should warn you yhough they are not easy ! hope it helps birkel

Hmm...this is getting more complicated than I thought. Guess I have to place that SO and see what Paris has to say. I'll wait when dh is in a good mood. :sneaky:

My understanding is that where you are located, you must be invited to place a special order. It's rare to just go into the boutique with no buying history and have one accepted. It would probably be a good idea for you to talk to the manager at the store and see what they say. If they tell you you can place a special order, then go from there.

Can be any color that H still makes, but must be in the same leather. No mixing of the leathers. Check the current color/leather availability thread, it is a great source of info. I always check that thread before I go place my SOs. Wait time is longer, about 1 yr, can be longer for exotics.

There is apparently a change for SOs. Paris will avail a list of SO colours it wants to offer to stores worldwide. No longer can customer request for any colour that Hermes has made before. So, retired colours not in the SO offer list is a No-No. So please take note. Instead of spending time and energy thinking up the colour combinations you may like, please first check with your SA what are the colours approved in the SO list and start to short-list from there.

There is apparently a change for SOs. Paris will avail a list of SO colours it wants to offer to stores worldwide. No longer can customer request for any colour that Hermes has made before. So, retired colours not in the SO offer list is a No-No. So please take note. Instead of spending time and energy thinking up the colour combinations you may like, please first check with your SA what are the colours approved in the SO list and start to short-list from there.

Oh my goodness! That kinda takes the special out of "special order." :sad:

Thanks mrssparkles. I think that I will wait for the leather book and then decide from there.