"Dry skin"

sarah.jennifer

Oct 30, 2007
I’ve got horrible a patches of dry, red skin on my chin mainly, my skin used to be perfect.

I’ve tried a wide range of moisturizers and creams and e45, but don’t do anything, make it worse if anything.

Any ideas what I can do...?

I’ve got horrible a patches of dry, red skin on my chin mainly, my skin used to be perfect.

I’ve tried a wide range of moisturizers and creams and e45, but don’t do anything, make it worse if anything.

Why dont you ask this user...

Cetaphil moisturizer. Available in drugstores. My dermotologist recommended it.

Never use anything with mineral oil or petro-anything in it.

Perhaps you could try oil instead of creams and lotions?
I have dry skin as well, especially around my eyes and my forehead is always a bit flaky. I tried lots of different creams but none of them did a good job.

I now use oil which I buy online at Natural Brands for Skin Care products.
I use wrinkle relief which I mainly use at night, during the day I use a cream with SPF.
For my body I also use the bath & body oils from the same shop, they are really nice and I don't have that dry itchy feeling after a shower. I think they also do eczema oil, especially for dry and irritated skin so perhaps you could give that one a try.

Also very good for dry patches is unrefined sheabutter.

I suggest you see a dermatologist like I mentioned in your other ID thread.
Dry red skin may be a skin disorder like eczema or a fungus like ringworm. Anything bought off the shelf without a prescription will only aggravate the situation... speaking from experience. Good luck.