Dry Scalp

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. :sad: If anyone have any recommendation for my dry scalp/dandruff? I don't know what is it but it's really crazy and how embarrasing is this. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

2. Use Head and Shoulders shampoo for awhile - it will help a lot.

3. I used Selsun Blue. Head and Shoulders didn't work for me.

4. i read in a magazine recently to massage listerine in ur scalp before shampooing.

5. I use head and shoulders, or Neutrogena T-Gel when it's really bad.

6. This is interesting. I might try it if suggested shampoos do not work. Thanks!

7. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'm buying head and shoulders shampoo and see if this helps.

8. I heard there is a difference between a dry scalp & dandruff although many people would think its the same. If you use Head & Shoulders on a dry scalp, it will make it worse!

9. Neutrogena T-gel is the best thing I've tried.

Head & Shoulders actually makes a formula for dry scalp, but I don't know how well it works.

10. Another vote for Head & Shoulders. I always seem to get dandruff in the cold weather months and this works wonders for me!

You can also buy some apple cider vinegar and dab it on your scalp using cotton balls. Let it sit for a few minutes before washing it out with whatever shampoo you use. Did this for awhile, too, and it works just as well as the Head & Shoulders.

11. Great advice. Thank you! I'll do it. In fact I just bought apple cider vinegar and I started taking 2 tbsp with honey and mix in water three times a day. I was reading at the earthclinic.com that it works wonders.

12. I was going to say the same thing.

I'm prone to flaky scalp-- different than dandruff-- when the weather's cold. In the winter, I use a more moisturizing shampoo & I only lather once. I always use deep conditioner on my ends, but during the winter I put it on my roots too. This keeps the flakies away!

13. deep condition

or even apply a setting lotion before you blow dry your hair, stay away from your roots if you can and make sure the dryer's setting isn't piping hot

14. Neutrogena T/Gel - dry and itchy scalp formula

Dry scalp is different from dandruff -

15. YAY!! i'm so glad that there's another earthclinic user here!!! I'm also glad that you're drinking apple cider vinegar!! woohoo. Did you buy the Braggs kind from GNC? This is the stuff that works, nothing else beats it...well, Trader Joe's unfiltered is great too. Yes, try this. Topically applying this will definitely work:tup:. I've tried this before because I get really dry scalp sometimes and it's crazy!!! So annoying and embarrassing and this apple cider vinegar totally works. I don't think i've had a case of the dry nasty scalp since i used it twice months ago:wtf:. Update us on what works.

I hope you use the natural method because you'll only have to apply it once or twice, wash and rinse w/your regular shampoo. As for the other methods such as head n' shoulders and t-gel, or whatever dandruff shampoo's out there, you'll always have to use it.

A warning though, it REALLY REALLY stinks. Especially when you're in the shower and it's hot and it steams up the vinegar. A word of advice - rinse as fast as you can!

Cheers to natural medicine miracles!! The natural way, is the best way.