Dry, Rough Skin on Face

Jun 28, 2010
Ladies, I have a dry patch of skin on my forehead that is rough to the touch. Tried exfoliating and heavy moisturizing with no luck. Help please! Thanks

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Have you tried cortisone? I'd try that and if it doesn't clear go see derm.

cherrycookies

Nov 21, 2012
essential oils such as rose hip oil?

i have dry skin too and essential oils really work for me and don't over exfoilate. dry skin is the most delicate skin of all.

and yes, do see a derm if it doesn't clear up quickly.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
If it's a patch, then it's likely not basic dry skin. I have very dry skin on cheeks, especially in winter. The humidifier at night helps and I use Fresh's oil on my face now, not a dry patch in sight! :biggrin:
But if you've been treating it and it's not going away it seems like it could be something else. I'd try a little cortisone cream on it, it could help overnight.

cherrycookies

Nov 21, 2012
agree!!

i do have patches of really dry skin in the winter. if you have other skin types and out of the blue, a dry skin patch, it maybe better to see a derm. i wouldn't risk it cos it's on the face!!!

Jun 28, 2010
Thanks ladies! Trying a remedy my mom suggested but still getting cortisone cream tomorrow. If it doesn't improve by Sunday, I'm going to the derm.

brainstorm

Sep 7, 2012
If it's itchy, I'd definitely do the cortisone. I get dry, itchy patches on my face too and have to protopic, which is a pretty strong rx steroid.

Apr 15, 2007
If the cortisone doesn't soothe & calm your dry patch, I'd see a derm...

You want to know how to treat it properly & if it should come back what to do..

brandy33

O.G.
Feb 8, 2010
Definitely cortisone cream and also castor oil might work too. I've used it in the past and it worked pretty good on my skin.