Dry face :(

Habibti_XO

May 3, 2008
UAE
So right now my face is pretty dry. I think it's a combination of changing skincare products so often lately, and winter. My cheeks have a bunch of rough, dry spots on them. My foundation looks horrible!
Can someone recommend a really hydrating moisturizer? I've tried brands like Chanel, Erno Laszlo, Shiseido, etc. They just feel like they're sitting on top of my skin and not absorbing the moisture! I tried getting a facial to see if it would help, but I feel like it made my cheeks drier. :-/
I was thinking of trying Creme de La Mer, because of it's reputation, but my face is pretty oily in the T-zone, and I've heard of it being too much.

Help!

Corrinne

bad spellers untie!
Nov 2, 2006
at the Beauty Bar
I just got a sample of bobbi browns vitamin enriched face base. My skin is sooooo dry and i only use this at night since theres no spf, but wow my skin really loves it! Its helped with the flakies and dry areas, but hasent clogged my pores (which is rare, everything cloggs my pores!), and I wake up with great looking skin, Im reallly loving this so far! Its worth picking up a sample, just a small amount is needed, so a sample size will last you long enough to see if you like it enough to buy

Feb 4, 2006
Elizabeth Arden has some great creams, including the 8-hour cream which is sooo mositurizing! You can get a sample from a counter and try it out

Habibti_XO

May 3, 2008
UAE
I just got a sample of bobbi browns vitamin enriched face base. My skin is sooooo dry and i only use this at night since theres no spf, but wow my skin really loves it! Its helped with the flakies and dry areas, but hasent clogged my pores (which is rare, everything cloggs my pores!), and I wake up with great looking skin, Im reallly loving this so far! Its worth picking up a sample, just a small amount is needed, so a sample size will last you long enough to see if you like it enough to buy
You know, I was actually looking at it at Nordstrom's, but I thought it was a creme, so I didn't try it. Is your skin naturally dry or just because of winter? Because my skin is oily, but super dry at the same time, if that makes sense. I'd hate to try it and look like my face should be drilled for oil an hour later :P

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Use a humidifer in your bedroom. I also think that a water spray to hydrate your skin will help. I use one by bare minerals but evian is good too. Use the water spray a few times a day and you should see a difference. Good luck.
I have changed skin care products in the past year. Now I use bare minerals powder face wash, the vitamin cream, moisturizer and powder night mineral thing. I use the water spray a few times a day and use their hydrating mineral veil makeup. It is a few simple products that really work for me.
I am happy to be using them and seeing results.

I also feel the Oil of Olay line has good products. I think in the winter a good moisturizer is needed but it does not have to be super heavy.

Now this is way out there but it works. For any dry patches, expecially with the skin is peeling dap a tiny dot of diaper cream on it at night, overnight it will disappear. This also works great as a hand lotion at night, your hands will never feel so soft.

Last edited:

Michie757

Trini To da Bone
Jun 3, 2008
Brooklyn
I had a sample of the bobbie brown vitamin enriched Was very good! I loved it. I like the SPF 15 one more tho. You should go try a sample and see how it works for you

jc2239

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
abeautyfulsentiment.blogspot.com
i've been using this oil serum by REN (rose something or other) and it's been doing amazing things for my complexion over the last week or so that i've been using it. my mother gets really dry and she's been loving it too!

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Boston
i don't use any really fancy moisturizer but my face is really dry too in the winter and I use Olay anti-aging....it really hydrates my skin and I started getting compliments on my skin a lot after using it.

kabaker

Kabaker
O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
I have dry skin with an oily t zone. I was also having problems with finding a good moisturizer that didnt make me oily but was hydrating enough for my dry skin. I was browsing in the cabinet in my bathroom and I found some Dove Deep Moisture face lotion. I had bought it a while ago and then just stopped using it for some reason. I tried it again and its great!!! I used to get wierd dry spots that were sooo noticeable under my foundation but the Dove lotion has taken care of it. The best part is its really inexpensive too! I think it is around $5 at Walmart.

Corrinne

bad spellers untie!
Nov 2, 2006
at the Beauty Bar
You know, I was actually looking at it at Nordstrom's, but I thought it was a creme, so I didn't try it. Is your skin naturally dry or just because of winter? Because my skin is oily, but super dry at the same time, if that makes sense. I'd hate to try it and look like my face should be drilled for oil an hour later :P
My skin is more on the normal side in the spring/summer/fall, but winter just sucks the life right out of it! i get patches especially on my chin and on my nose :sad: The face base is oil free too :tup:

Corrinne

bad spellers untie!
Nov 2, 2006
at the Beauty Bar
I have dry skin with an oily t zone. I was also having problems with finding a good moisturizer that didnt make me oily but was hydrating enough for my dry skin. I was browsing in the cabinet in my bathroom and I found some Dove Deep Moisture face lotion. I had bought it a while ago and then just stopped using it for some reason. I tried it again and its great!!! I used to get wierd dry spots that were sooo noticeable under my foundation but the Dove lotion has taken care of it. The best part is its really inexpensive too! I think it is around $5 at Walmart.
Ive been looking to try this for a daytime moisturizer but i cant find it anywhere! It got good reviews on MUA, but none of the drug stores around here have it on the shelves (and i have a big personal beef with Walmart so I wont go in there), but maybe Target has it?

katrines

O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
I find that straight up jojoba oil applied with a cotton pad at night REALLY helps! I also have an oily t-zone, and don't find that this makes it any worse. If anything, it helps balance everything else. Sounds counterintuitive, but really works!

lovebags2

O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
I had the same exact issues UNTIL I discovered the Darphin Hydraskin Line. I use the rich during the day and hydraskin night for PM. I can't say enough wonderful things about these moisturizers.

Before I'd place a moisturizer on and then an hour later feel like I needed to add more. IT would always just "sit" on top of my skin. This winter was making my skin SO dehydrated and tight.

Not anymore!

I also use the hydraskin serum underneath but it's really not needed. I felt just as good without the serum. I just LOVE the entire line so much that I wanted all their products. hehe