Dry cleaner in DC area

sophieg

O.G.
Oct 26, 2011
Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for dry cleaner in the DC area that I could trust with an H tie? It's got a mystery spot - I trust my usual cleaners with most other ties but I'm very picky about the H in our house. The boutique suggests Tie Crafters in NYC, but I'm wondering if there is anything local.

Thanks!!

Parkway Cleaners, 8402 Connecticut Ave just south of the Beltway. They have been in biz for 85 years or so. I take my precious pieces to them. They remove buttons prior to cleaning and sew them back on. They do fab alterations as well. Took up the sleeves at the armhole on a too large but must get for DH on sale sweater. One would never know anything was done.

They do pick up and delivery if you are in the metro area, which I take it you are.

Parkway Cleaners, 8402 Connecticut Ave just south of the Beltway. They have been in biz for 85 years or so. I take my precious pieces to them. They remove buttons prior to cleaning and sew them back on. They do fab alterations as well. Took up the sleeves at the armhole on a too large but must get for DH on sale sweater. One would never know anything was done.

They do pick up and delivery if you are in the metro area, which I take it you are.

Thank you, jmen!

Thanks for this, we are in Capitol Hill but certainly will use this cleaner for my H scarfs + hubby Ties

Thanks for this, we are in Capitol Hill but certainly will use this cleaner for my H scarfs + hubby Ties

Do phone and ask about their pick up and delivery service. You can prepay with credit card and save the gas and the time. DH used to work near Tysons and they would drop by his workplace. Capitol Hill would certainly be in their delivery radius.

I totally agree with jmen's recommendation. I have been using Parkway for years. They are good for the mystery stains that sometimes comes with ebay scarves. The silk is so lustrous and has just the right amount of body after they get thru with it. And they know enough not to mash the hems on H scarves. I had them alter a waistband and they did a great job.

Do phone and ask about their pick up and delivery service. You can prepay with credit card and save the gas and the time. DH used to work near Tysons and they would drop by his workplace. Capitol Hill would certainly be in their delivery radius.

Thank you. My DH office is near that place so he will go there, I have several scarf also to clean beside his ties.

I totally agree with jmen's recommendation. I have been using Parkway for years. They are good for the mystery stains that sometimes comes with ebay scarves. The silk is so lustrous and has just the right amount of body after they get thru with it. And they know enough not to mash the hems on H scarves. I had them alter a waistband and they did a great job.

Happy to hear they knows how to do H scarf.

Thank you, eagle! Parkway it will be then - good to know for my scarves as well