Drunk driving - snitch for calling the cops?

You made a great choice. I had a problem like that 3 months ago I was going to my old highschool to pick up my transcript for my new university and I was almost there. I had a person infront of me driving insane and throwing beer bottles out of his car and almost hit me TWICE!!. So he pulled up into the school parking lot to pick up someone, I got out and told him that he almost hit me and he started laughing in my face. I remembered that all schools have atleast 1 officer of premise so I got him quickly and told him there was reckless driver in the parking lot and he was throwing beer cans out of his car on the way to the school. He went outside and asked him a few questions and walked away, he didnt even test him. The officer came back in and asked me if I cursed the person out...lol He was worrying more about if I cursed him out then the driver driving drunk. Sometimes I blame the cops to.

I have reported this too, but unfortunately I was on a toll road, so I was transferred to the state troopers (different jurisdiction), but by the time I got off of the phone, the guy had exited the highway. I totally support this, more so after I got hit by a drunk driver. I was standing outside of my car at the time. Worst night of my life, spending it staring into the bright lights of the ER ceiling and wondering how much damage was done. That idiot never got prosecuted because he refused the breathalyzer. At his deposition, he was actually smiling at me!

UHHHH!!! This made me so angry!
You made a great choice. I had a problem like that 3 months ago I was going to my old highschool to pick up my transcript for my new university and I was almost there. I had a person infront of me driving insane and throwing beer bottles out of his car and almost hit me TWICE!!. So he pulled up into the school parking lot to pick up someone, I got out and told him that he almost hit me and he started laughing in my face. I remembered that all schools have atleast 1 officer of premise so I got him quickly and told him there was reckless driver in the parking lot and he was throwing beer cans out of his car on the way to the school. He went outside and asked him a few questions and walked away, he didnt even test him. The officer came back in and asked me if I cursed the person out...lol He was worrying more about if I cursed him out then the driver driving drunk. Sometimes I blame the cops to.

You DEFINITELY did the right thing. I HATE drunk drivers with all my heart. 5 years ago a drunk driver killed my cousin. My cousin was 18 at the time, he parked his car on the side and a drunk driver came from behind and hit his car, he died 12 hours after the crash. I felt so bad for the mom, she was so miserable after his death. Also a year ago my childhood friend i knew when i was little died from a drunk driver, she was only 16 and was walking home from the theaters and a car from behind hit her and she died instantly. Ever time i hear something about a drunk driver I cringe. They deserve to be locked up.

Me and my bf ALWAYS call 911 when we see a swerving car anywhere or something like you witnessed....it's true you could have saved someone's life if indeed the cops came and handled the situation!

What's your opinion on reporting drunk driving? Snitchy behavior or necessary duty for responsible citizens?

Absolutely a duty for responsible citizens. My father was killed by a very young drunk driver when I was 6 years old and my sister was 1. Changed my life forever. I don't even remember him.

Sorry to be a downer but I feel very strongly about this.

Absolutely a duty for responsible citizens. My father was killed by a very young drunk driver when I was 6 years old and my sister was 1. Changed my life forever. I don't even remember him.

Sorry to be a downer but I feel very strongly about this.

I am so sorry to hear this.

I felt VERY pleased that we called, but I even wanted to call back and see if they got the kids. I guess we will never know, but we know we did all we could :yes: