Drum roll please...

Mar 2, 2008
Hi everyone,

I would like to present to you all my very first Hermes....my 1989 Navy Box leather trim II 35. But I have a question. The handle seems like it is creasing and cracking some. Do you think Coach leather moisturizer would work? I am also posting a pic of the handle.

Attachments

• image-3096083932.jpg
    image-3096083932.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 659
  • image-1640705580.jpg
    image-1640705580.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 660
As it ages it will inevitably dry out somewhat, moisturising the leather will always help a lot, it may take several applications but it won't hurt it, alternatively, you may want to send it away to the Hermes spa service.

Have a look in Docride's thread about leather care and restoration because you'll learn a lot there and it will help you make your decisions.

By the way, it's a beautiful bag.

congrats on your vintage trim!! in box leather they probably do not exist anymore..agree with Millicat, it does look like some cleaning, moisturising and polishing is in order to make it even more beautiful again..

A vintage!! Vintages are immensely lovely how nice for you to have found this. I think asking for docride's advice will be best on how to restore this pretty thing a bit.

congrats!!

I also just receive my first vintage hermes... Navy box leather sac sologne III, dated 1979

Like yours, I also have dried handles

I have been applying meltonian delicate to bring it back to life.... Will let u know if it works...

Good luck