Drop bag or Mini Veneta?

bagfever

May 9, 2007
I'm thinking about getting my first bottega veneta piece. Since my budget is kinda small...thinking of getting wallet or a small bag.
Came across the drop bag and mini veneta in black. Which one do you think is better? I've never seen the mini one in person, but I think the drop bag can hold more stuff.

TIA!

Last edited:
Hi there bagfever. This is another toughy. I like them both and am hoping to see one of them in mela on sale. The mini really is mini and holds just a little but oh so adorable. I too think the drop bag holds more and that's probably I'd choose. What do you plan to carry in?

Attachments

• mela drop bag_cruise 08&09_720USD.JPG
    mela drop bag_cruise 08&09_720USD.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 124
  • mela mini veneta_cruise 08&09_720USD.JPG
    mela mini veneta_cruise 08&09_720USD.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 116
Ooh how exciting.

I think the drop bag is more practical for everyday, as you can lengthen the strap. The Mini Veneta can only be held in the hand and is more of a clutch style -- I don't think the luce has enough clearance to go over an elbow.

I think the drop bag is more practical too...for the basics, such as small wallet, cell, lipstick + concealer + mirror. I guess should be enuf? The mini veneta...looks cute, but don't think the top part will hold stuff. I guess I'll buy the drop bag tomorrow if they still have the black one.

there are also a couple cute handheld clutches that are about the same price point. have you seen these? these are a bit more practical in my opinion than the mini veneta. this pix are from the most recent fall, resort and spring season.

the azure hand held clutch is $1750 and the burnt orange capri is $1600 which might be high given what you wrote. the eclipse clutch is $840, the tornado mini braided tote is $940, and the nero tote is $640.

then there is always ebay, and other reputable online sellers.

Attachments

• azure ayers clutch - $1750.jpg
    azure ayers clutch - $1750.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 121
  • burnt orange mini capri - $1600.jpg
    burnt orange mini capri - $1600.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC03686.JPG
    DSC03686.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 114
  • minibraidedtote.JPG
    minibraidedtote.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 130
  • minitopzipbag_650.JPG
    minitopzipbag_650.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
the azure hand held clutch is $1750 and the burnt orange capri is $1600 which might be high given what you wrote. the eclipse clutch is $840, the tornado mini braided tote is $940, and the nero tote is $640.

There is a store that sells the drop bag for 650. I think they sell the nero tote too...but not for 640. I like the nero tote's shape too...actually more than the drop bag. Saw the mini braided tote...but I guess I like woven bags more! I just want to get a piece of BV woven for less than 1000. Thanks for all your suggestions!

I vote for the drop bag if you plan to wear it everyday, and the mini if you plan to carry it in the evenings. I love the veneta, but the drop seems more usable since it holds more. If you do want to save $, and are patient, you can find great things on ebay for less then $1000, but make sure to use the authenticate thread before you bid/BIN. For instance, there is a great nero origami tote (doloresmia posted it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOTTEGA-VENETA-...|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200 )

This may not be your style, but something that you love, and can afford will surface - unless you absolutely love one either the mini or drop. So many options. Have fun choosing!

And you can order from Shirise directly, either online or via phone - I do. You can ask for Michael. He is very helpful!

LOL, aren't we just a bunch of enablers, eh?

Didn't bryan have this one? Can Hawaii BV send items overseas? I mean, outside US?

Attachments

• PAAAIABKHDOCCMGM.jpg
    PAAAIABKHDOCCMGM.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 293
I love this little mini guy. Actually, I had been eyeing it on the Shirise website previously. Anyone know how long the strap drop is, or if it can be worn on the shoulder? Based on the measurements, I'd guesstimate maybe a 3" strap drop, which would seem to suggest handheld only. Thanks!

attachment.php