Droopy studs

There are larger styles of backs in wg/yg - we call them 'elephant backs' in my store. You don't necessarily need to use the plastic backings. Also, what type of mounting are the diamonds set in?? The martini style will allow the diamonds to sit more flush to the ear and help alleviate the 'droop' effect.

I have the same size and wear clear disks in front of the regular sized backs. Most jewelers carry them, or you can try online. I think the name is "le disk/disc". Good luck!

^^^I agree, what type of setting?
I buy little packages of clear plastic earring backs from Claire's, they're not the big discs, but because they're plastic they seem to fit tighter and stay where I put them longer than the metal ones.
If you have small ears or wear a ponytail a lot, I don't like the way the big discs look :-s

I have the same problem - not with my diamond studs (I wish they were large enough to give me that problem!), but I do with my South Sea pearl studs. I tried to clear plastic discs, but they could be seen (I have small ear lobes), but then Japster (got the earrings from her) sent me the larger size gold backings - those work pretty well, but I check them during the day when I wear the earrings to make them tighter...they migrate during the day and start to droop...

I think the "elephant backs" in gold would look good with diamond earrings and would be worth the investment. Although the plastic backs give lots of support and will hold them up, I think the gold elephant backs would provide a more elegant look for genuine diamond earrings. I associate the plastic backs with inexpensive jewelry.