Driving myself crazy: Which one? Bond st bb pink, Saintonge mono pink or heart wave black

Which bag to buy?

• New wave heartbag black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saintonge mono rose poudre

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Bond st bb pink

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Hi guys, yes me again and I’m so undecided and driving myself nuts!!! Which bag gets yours vote and why? I know they are for three different purposes and theoretically I can buy all 3, but I only want one so please help me choose. I have tried on all 3 and all look nice on me. I originally went in to buy Saintonge it heart bag but then saw bond st bb and it changed everything.
1. New heartbag:
Pros - cute, LE, not many people have, love the calf leather and microfibre lining, can be worn crossbody, clutch, bumbag
Cons - very small, not practical, doesn’t fit phone, leather can get scratches easily, shape my get distorted with time
2. Saintonge:
Pros - need a great runaround errands type bag, grab and go, roomy, crossbody, similar to Gucci soho disco which I love that style, great for travel, casual
Cons - wrinkles when opening, 2 tassels? Strap not adjustable or detachable
3. Bond st bb:
Pros - formal and casual, gorgeous well made handbag, luggage tag, cute, pink strip gives a bit of colour, metal feet
Cons - I didn’t really need this kind of bag, too formal at times, magnetic closure not strong enough, button tabs are awkward, may not use as much and not practical as not needing too formal if you get what I mean.

Any help from anyone would be great. If you have 1 or 2 or all 3 of the bags that I want to buy. It’s driving me nuts. Too many choices. Thanks all. ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:

love2learn

Jul 26, 2013
Maybe it’s just a slow day on here today[emoji4]. So I think the heart bag is cute, but I think everyone of your cons is your conscious saying “nope”. How often would you really ever use that bag? As for the Saintonge, I can’t get past the tassle or the plate the tassle is on. I see others on here and think the bag looks great on them, but it’s that plate and tassle that I can’t get past. I think it will age the bag quicker. As for the Bond St BB, I was immediately going to say yes to that one until I read your cons. I had no idea magnet isn’t strong? I figured it would be like the Cluny’s (I have an epi Cluny and it has a strong closure) magnetic strength? As for the snap buttons, the Cluny also has those and I never really notice them ever. I’ve had my Cluny for probable 3 1/2 years now. I really don’t think the Bond St looks too formal either. It looks very practical, fun, and love it’s structured. So I guess I’m still voting for the Bond St. Best wishes on your fun choices!!

LV_4ever

Feb 4, 2013
Bond street. Have one and love it. PM size though. I agree with love2learn- I have never had an issue with the magnetic closure or side buttons. The magnet does not open unless I pull it open. I’m a jeans girl- I don’t think this bag is formal.
The heart bag is cute but ridiculously unpractical. Anything that doesn’t fit a phone is not a bag in my book. And I’ll never be able to get past the tassels on the Saintonge.

Reactions: jellyv and Bumbles

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Maybe it’s just a slow day on here today[emoji4]. So I think the heart bag is cute, but I think everyone of your cons is your conscious saying “nope”. How often would you really ever use that bag? As for the Saintonge, I can’t get past the tassle or the plate the tassle is on. I see others on here and think the bag looks great on them, but it’s that plate and tassle that I can’t get past. I think it will age the bag quicker. As for the Bond St BB, I was immediately going to say yes to that one until I read your cons. I had no idea magnet isn’t strong? I figured it would be like the Cluny’s (I have an epi Cluny and it has a strong closure) magnetic strength? As for the snap buttons, the Cluny also has those and I never really notice them ever. I’ve had my Cluny for probable 3 1/2 years now. I really don’t think the Bond St looks too formal either. It looks very practical, fun, and love it’s structured. So I guess I’m still voting for the Bond St. Best wishes on your fun choices!!
Thanks learn2love! Great point and the magnetic in store I found it ok but I watched a YouTube where they said once you fill things up the magnetic button is not that strong and if you fill it, it won’t close

fyn72

O.G.
Nov 6, 2011
I'm sure ALL bags have cons. I have the Saintonge and love it. I don't like the heart wave bags AT ALL. I don't even see the wrinkles on the saintonge being the light pink, I did notice it on the black though and the black showed fingeprints and scratches so didn't like it but the pink is going well and so easy to use, it's up to your personal taste in the end not other peoples opinions, people that don't like these ones, well I'm sure I don't like a lot of what they like.

Reactions: cielopark

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
I'm sure ALL bags have cons. I have the Saintonge and love it. I don't like the heart wave bags AT ALL. I don't even see the wrinkles on the saintonge being the light pink, I did notice it on the black though and the black showed fingeprints and scratches so didn't like it but the pink is going well and so easy to use, it's up to your personal taste in the end not other peoples opinions, people that don't like these ones, well I'm sure I don't like a lot of what they like.
Thanks fyn! Yes very true. We can’t all like everything that everyone likes and vice versa, otherwise we’ll all be twins! Lol I guess I have to decide what I like the best and then go from there. Get what makes my heart sing coz that’s what will make me happy in the long turn. All bags have pros and cons, it’s just what you choose or decide to see right? And also what you really consider a deal breaker

Reactions: vinbenphon1
Apr 10, 2015
I know this is an LV forum but what about the Gucci Soho Disco... It's seems you like this bag and being all leather I don't notice any wrinkles. Like many I just can't get pass the tassels.
Croisette is another great bag, multi carry options, small and cute and fits the essentials, similar to the Bond but with a snap style enclosure then magnet. I love the cluny bb but just can't get pass the magnet closure to buy. Otherwise I say wait...for something that really makes you go "THAT'S IT".