Driving in the California/Nevada question ??

kimmy

@LV Princess@
O.G.
Dec 10, 2005
How long roughly will it take to drive from :

LA to Las Vegas

then

Las Vegas to SF

As my family and I are thinking of doing a fly drive holiday

Hi there - I'm a LA-Vegas-San Francisco veteran so here is my info:

ok from LA to LV if you take the freeways (10 to the 15) it will take 4.5 hours.

If you take the Pearblossom highway shortcut, it will take 3.5 hours (the 405 to the 5 to the 14 to pear blossom highway to the 15) but I don't suggest pearblossom unless you are a risk taker and familiarize yourself with the map because there is alot of construction there and you MIGHT have to detour through Victorville. In any case, I love getting to vegas in under 4 hours so I take pearblossom all the time lol.

ok and from vegas to san fran will take approx 6.5 hours from bakersfield to san fran through the 5/grapevine. it's an ugly drive, but the best straight through shot.

happy travelling! :smile:

Depends on when you go. LV to LA can take as little as 5 or as long as 8 hours depending on the weather and the traffic. I don't know LV to SF for sure, but I'd plan on at least 8 hours if not more.

Whatever you do try to avoid a holiday weekend because you will sit in traffic for hours. My ex and I drove from LA to Vegas a couple years ago on the Friday morning of a long weekend and it took us about 8 hours to get there with the traffic. We were planning on driving home Monday night but ended up staying until Tuesday night because we didn't want to sit in traffic on the way home too.

I've done it twice and it took about 5 hours (hubby drives the speed limit).

Now, we always fly from Vegas to LA and it takes less than an hour from McCarran to LAX. MUCH BETTER if you can do it!