Home & Garden Drinkware and Dinnerware

I originally bought and/or registered for 8.... Then quickly realized 12 is best!
I think 12 is perfect unless you plan on a large family.
Pieces break, sometimes you have guests and some of the pieces are in dishwasher....
I have a family of 5, sometimes 12 isn't enough.

I agree with Swanky. I originally thought 8 would be fine, but even without additional family members, it is amazing how fast they get used. 12 is definitely best.

We did the same, registered for eight.
I agree, 12 is the standard entertaining number for dishes. If you are clumsy like me I would error on lucky 13:smile: I have always purchased glass ware in sets of 24. I am probabbly the exception to the rule.
We entertain often and having extra glasses on hand is always convenient.
Have fun selecting something fun!

I love the white round corelle for everyday. It goes with everything, resists breakage, and stores (stacks) in a tiny amount of space. I have 16 dinner plates, 16 lunch plates and 16 bowls for just me. I fill the dishwasher once a week (yes, I wash my dishes twice - handwash then dishwasher), so for me the ideal number is slightly higher than what it takes to fill the dishwasher. (I don't put pots and pans in the dishwasher - it's all dishes and plastic containers.)

Plus, they are only $2 a piece when on sale. :P

I use extra plates when I prepare food. It makes it easier and the corelle plates aren't that big a deal to wash. I plate almost everything I eat, including chips and cheese, fruit or a soft or crumbly cookie.

I also keep tiny white condiment bowls that I end up using A LOT for salsa, snacks, nuts, ice cream, condiments. These aren't corelle, so I have to be careful with them. This morning I put loose grapes in one and placed on my corelle plate next to an omelet. So convenient. I have 8 of these - six for service and 2 spares in case of breakage:

image.jpg