Dressy workout shoes? Do they exist?

taho

O.G.
Nov 5, 2011
I run/jog a lot when running errands. Most of the time I'm in my normal garb, which isn't athletic gear but more of a casual to dressy ensemble (think skinny jeans, tunic, leather bag, etc). I've seen and heard about Cole Haan shoes which have Nike technology. Does anyone own a pair? What can you say about them in terms of performance? Have you tried jogging/running with them? Or do you know of any brands of shoes that don't have a very "sporty" look but still perform well? Thanks!

Cole Haan air are more comfortable than normal dress shoes but I would definitely not run in them, they still eel like dress shoes. You need actual supportive running shows to prevent injury.

I wouldn't run in anything except proper trainers from a well known brand.
You could injure yourself.

In this case, I would recommend sacrificing on looks or fashion ( and I NEVER say that)
This is your health.

Cole Haan air are more comfortable than normal dress shoes but I would definitely not run in them, they still eel like dress shoes. You need actual supportive running shows to prevent injury.

Thanks, I've seen some on sale at NM and have been quite curious. If they fit they'd make a great casual shoe. I wear saddle shoes and oxfords all the time, but end up missing the comfort of my Nikes..

I wouldn't run in anything except proper trainers from a well known brand.
You could injure yourself.

In this case, I would recommend sacrificing on looks or fashion ( and I NEVER say that)
This is your health.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I've been running for years and run around 2-3 miles every other night, so I definitely prioritize health over fashion. I currently run in Nike Free Runs. I was just wondering IF there were running/workout shoes that looked dressy.

Not that I have ever personally seen, but I've always thought black trainers look "dressier" compared to white if that helps at all!

Thanks :biggrin: I have actually seen some girls wear chunky knit leg warmers over their sneakers and it can actually look cute! Maybe some black over black trainers would look nice.

I have a pair of really nice black trainers from Danskins of all brands, that I wore to work one day (it was a casual day as we were moving some furniture around, etc) and I got tons of compliments on them. They definitely look like trainers, but are plain.
Nike has some plainer ones, too.

I have been wearing these Coach sneakers to the gym since June 2011 and they have held up well. I think they look cute with my yoga pants and I have worn them in cute outfits (leggings/tunic or jeans/casual flowy top)on some active/outdoor dates with my DH and friends. I like this variety more-so since the black on black mono print isn't too showy and you can't even tell they are Coach unless the sun hits them just right... Better than the brown & tan print IMO.

Attachments

• image-1481754543.png
    image-1481754543.png
    826 KB · Views: 875
I have a pair of really nice black trainers from Danskins of all brands, that I wore to work one day (it was a casual day as we were moving some furniture around, etc) and I got tons of compliments on them. They definitely look like trainers, but are plain.
Nike has some plainer ones, too.

I'm not familiar with that brand but I will check it out,thanks! Yes, Nike released these "minimalist" running shoes would aren't as bulky or heavily detailed like their normal styles.

I have a pair of Merrell barefoot athletic shoes, and I frequently wear those with jeans. They come in several cool colors. They take a little getting used to but trainers at my gym (LA Equinox) are converting to this kind of shoe like gangbusters.

Oh, I loooove how Merrell's look. I ordered a pair a few weeks ago in my size but they fit really funny. :/ Wish they could work for me.

I have been wearing these Coach sneakers to the gym since June 2011 and they have held up well. I think they look cute with my yoga pants and I have worn them in cute outfits (leggings/tunic or jeans/casual flowy top)on some active/outdoor dates with my DH and friends. I like this variety more-so since the black on black mono print isn't too showy and you can't even tell they are Coach unless the sun hits them just right... Better than the brown & tan print IMO.

Those are cute!!! :biggrin: Thanks for the photo.