Dressing up your bag

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Does anyone buy purse charms or accouterments to "dress" up their bags? I want to buy something to pizazz my more boring bags, but I don't know where to go or what to get.
Any suggesstions?

I put a few silver medallions on the clip of one of my Dior drawstring cannage totes - a griffin, a cross and a chunky ring. The silver has a grungy brushed finish just like the Dior hardware has, so I think they go quite well.

Last edited:
I know some ladies here like to tie scarves on their bags. Look in the COACH or Hermes forum.

Myself, I am opposite of you. I am considering cutting off the charms on my Gucci! I am just not the rhinestone butterfly type of person. :amuse:

I have some chains that i dress up bags, jeans and boots with....
Sounds kind of tacky, i know, but i quite like it...

Attachments

• chain1.JPG
    chain1.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 97
  • chain2.JPG
    chain2.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 98
Thanks ladies, I am loving it! I am def going to go in the other forums to see what people do with scarves.

Mowcam, where do you get the chains?

Is there a store where I can buy fun accessories for my bags??

Thanks ladies, I am loving it! I am def going to go in the other forums to see what people do with scarves.

Mowcam, where do you get the chains?

Is there a store where I can buy fun accessories for my bags??

I got that chain off an old pair of zanotti boots that had it on.. But any old chain will do, you can even use the chains from one of those wallets that skater-kids use, if it is detachable.

You will probably find them for real cheap at pacific sunwear or something like that!

I will sometimes attach a little heart or medallion fob that I find at a Japanese bookstore like Kinokuniya. Very cute stuff from Japanese sellers on eBay.

Can't do the scarves, I'm too fussy with them. I prefer my bags with a tiny bit of jangle. My double-sided Chanel has a tiny faceted crystal fob on the inner chain, so I know which side (which houses wallet) to carry closer to my body. I also place fobs on one side of double handles when I need to see quickly which side has the interior pocket.

I use the Juicy Charms, some hello kitty charms, or those Coach animal key chains. I made a key chain pull from some jewelry store supplies. I like the ones I see on here with those big plushes--it's too OTT for my style, but they look adorable.

I tried using a twilly or scarf, but it bugged me and I felt like I was trying too hard.