Dresses for fall....?

1. What kind of dresses look appropriate for fall/winter (i.e. paired with boots, etc.)? Do you guys have any favs?

2. I am LOVING dresses this fall!!!

I have a few that I've been wearing. For work, I have a couple of black shift dresses from Banana that I wear with black tights (I hate hose) + black high-heeled knee boots or black pumps. I also have a patterned wrap dress in shades of green and tan that I wear more casually (I like to throw it over a brown tee, + wear brown tights + either camel heels or brown suede wedges).

Another thing I've been playing with is fall-ifying dresses that I normally wear in the summer- I've been surprising myself with how good some dresses that I think of as summer pieces can still look in the fall. Not yellow floral-patterned linen dresses, of course :lol: but a lightweight black jersey shift and navy full-skirted sleeveless dress have both served me quite well recently when paired with a cardigan or suit jacket and worn over tights and pumps.

For night a semiformal evening dress can also take on quite a different character when worn under a more casual jacket with fishnets and casualish pumps. :yes:

Basically, I am having tons of fun with this trend :yahoo: I've bought a couple new dresses, but I am also finding many new ways to wear my old ones now that dresses are so in.

3. I had a post about sweater dresses and I think they are perfect for the winter. If you scroll down in this section or search it the PF members gave a lot of great suggestions. The sweater dresses look great with boots and tights.

4. I just got this d&g dress and its my fave so far!

[​IMG]

I tried it on with a turtleneck underneath and it makes a wonderful ensemble with boots :love:

5. ^^^oh wow, I really like that dress!!

Ashlend, I agree that some summer dresses can move nicely into winter with some leggings or tights.

6. Diane von Furstenberg - awesome dresses, esp. with boots!

7. ooooh mello yellow, I saw this dress just last week and was wondering what it would look like on. I am so tempted by it.

I also agree on the DVF dresses, I have just purchased a gorgeous silk shift for winter which looks amazing with boots and tights :smile:

yummy :biggrin:. I love dresses for winter

8. MandM - thanks!!

chloe-babe - get it, get it, get it!!!! I have a picture of it on me but I left my camera at my boyfriend's place :crybaby: it definitely looks better on than it does on the hanger, even my mom admitted that! GET IT, you'll look fab in it!!!!! :graucho:

9. There are so many dresses to choose from this fall. Definitely, many of them can be worn with boots, and most of them can be used in layering.

That's a great dress, Jen!

10. That D&G dress is gorgeous!!!!!

11. Where did you get the D&G dress? I couldn't find it on the Nordstroms site...

Ok, editing to say that it's on eluxury:smile:

12. melisande and Danica - thanks! it was loveeee at first sight!

MandM - GET IT!!! ok?!?!! Plus... if you get it from elux, you get back 4% through ****** :graucho:

13. I love this dress! Beautiful! :love:

14. Jen that D&G dress is gorgeous!

15. Omg that is hot!! checking eluxury noooow ^^ thanks for posting it :biggrin: *drools*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice