dresses for busty women?

DamierAddict

Nov 28, 2007
ok if you are anything larger than a D you know my problem!! im a 32 F and i have a pretty small frame. Finding dresses is absolutelly impossible , so if anyone has my prob/curse/blessing pleaz comment and post pics or just give your opinion (=

You can NEVER go wrong with a wrap dress in my opinion! They make you look fantastic and then you really don't have to worry too much about the top fitting and the bottom part being too big or vice versa. Wrap dresses look fantastic on everyone.

I can't wear wrap dresses and I am a DD.
They are always too low when I wrap them and I don't care to show cleavage.

Funny you posted this, I was thinkig about this today, we're going to Italy in May and I'd like a few dresses but haven't found one in several years that I like or that truly fits:sad:

I can't wear wrap dresses and I am a DD.
They are always too low when I wrap them and I don't care to show cleavage.

Funny you posted this, I was thinkig about this today, we're going to Italy in May and I'd like a few dresses but haven't found one in several years that I like or that truly fits:sad:

I'm a DD, too, and wear the heck of out them. I just have a huge assortment of tanks that I wear under them. If you don't mind an extra thin layer, you might want to try that.

great thread...i can't stand it when i find a dress butthe bust area / cup is too small. I don't understand why designers make the bust area so small.

My only suggestion is to look for dresses/ tops that have a bit of stretch to them:yes:

I can so relate to your dilemma, if I find a top or dress to fit my bust, the body is often too big, but if I go smaller on the body I will be showing too much :sad:

My mother tries to fix my clothes but I don't like bothering her all the time with this.

I also have to go 2-3 sizes up in order for clothes to fit at my boobs, I'm a 38 F (85F european size). I will also try wrap dresses, I would love to wear dresses but nothing ever seems to fit :cursing:

I also have this same issue. I'm a DD or E and would love to own a classic DVF wrap dress, but I don't find that they're made for the busty gal! I have a few wrap dresses that I wear occasionally, but always with the tank underneath which is a look that I don't really love. I've found that u-neck dresses work very well for me, but they are not that common. I hate having to size up two sizes and lose the overall shape of a dress trying to accomodate the girls! Here's a DVF dress I tried on this week. I was suprised, but it fit perfectly. Of course it's not a fitted dress, but the shape still looks cute since it's a bit shorter.

Attachments

• dvfshift.jpg
    dvfshift.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,173
I'm a 32dd/32ddd aka 32e, so I can relate to your quest. By far, my favorite fitting dresses are by Rachel Pally. I am usually an xs but in some I take a small. With wrap dresses or other inappropriately low cut dresses, I wear a Rachel Pally bandeau of the same color as the dress or fun accent color. The bandeau goes over my bra-- I'm not trying to pretend that it lends any support. Stay away from most styles that have seams indicating where your breasts are supposed to go, as they will only look strange and ill fitting. Good luck! Your perfect dress is out there!

surly, that dress didn't make you look pregnant?
If it's not relatively fitted I like like I'm still carrying my babies! LOL!
I tried on a few dresses at Ann taylor Loft today, they fit pretty well. Weren't right for my body shape, but I easily squeezed in the BBs.

Susana Monaco, Tibi and Marc by Marc Jacobs make some dresses that can fit a larger bust. Otherwise I stick with dresses like the one surly posted. I can't wear wrap dresses and wearing them with tanks never works for me...I'm always yanking and pulling etc.