dress rack???

Sep 25, 2008
I have a small spare room that I've decided to turn into a 'closet' and decorate, store my clothes in etc. I've sourced a full length antique mirror, a 'dressing room' mirror (i.e. with the soft lightbulbs all around it) and a sweet dressing table. Now I need a dress rack (or 3, or 4). I dont want one of those fugly silver things, either. Where could I get a nice one? Wooden maybe? Antiqued/oxidized brass? Any ideas??

If you really want to go far out and make it a dream closet, I would make some! Go to home depot or something and have them cut the pieces out for you. Then you can hammer it together and paint! =D I think this way, you can REALLY get what you're looking for.

Take a look at your antique stores... they sometimes have great racks that you can use for clothes etc. And they don't always cost a fortune, just be prepared to give it a little TLC :smile:
Hope you find what you are looking for!

Good ideas, people, thanks. I tend to pop into antiques stores when I run across them anyway and always have my eyes peeled for interesting things. It looks like I might end up having a rack(s) made for me (I could try making one myself but that would end with a crooked rack and broken thumbs for me). There's a seller on Etsy who sells 'recycled' wooden furniture that has a very nice worn patina and just a great overall look. I might contact him about a rack, I'm already planning on asking him if he can make some box-shelves for sweater and shoe storage.

I'm very excited about this room - it's going to be MY space - not my boyfriend's space, not my dog's space, MY space, and I'm going to decorate it down to the last detail exactly how I want to. :biggrin: