Dreams do come true. PSA THE ALEXA IS BACK!

It may have some other surprises in store with other models brought out of retirement. I'd love them to bring back the small Del Rey even temporarily as that's a beauty of a bag.

So true! I have two small Del Rey's and it is a great bag, just the perfect size, versatile, and so beautifully made. I use them frequently. I'd love to see it brought back.

After visiting the store in Glasgow today I was still torn about the pink neon alexa so wanted to see the others in the flesh. Absolutely fell in love with the mini in chestnut so I swapped it over! I know I’ll live to regret letting the pink one go! The mini is a beauty though :love:

Oh it's gorgeous! I don't mind the new handle so much on the mini actually.

Reactions: AngelaK
The new Alexa in black regular size arrived today. My DH had ordered it for me. I love it and can’t wait to use it.

There are some things that are very slightly different from the original but I don’t mind them. It has less hardwear on it i.e. a smaller tree lock and no back plates on the inside. It seems that the crossbody strap is slightly shorter and the top handle is different as commented on by others. I like the way the lining, or lack of lining, feels almost like suede but find the slip pocket to be at a slightly annoying angle. The leather is thick and spongy with a obvious grain pattern and soft feeling (ready to relax with age). It has a casual vibe, looks great thrown on crossbody and is going to be a well used and loved bag. The original chestnut version is my favourite bag but I’ve looked at many preloved black ones in the last few years. I’m delighted to have one.

To those who already own the new Alexa, what do you think of the stiffness of the grainy leather? Is it heavy too? It's a bit too early to know whether this new bag will keep its shape for a longer period of time.

From this article https://luxurylondon.co.uk/style/accessories/mulberry-relaunches-alexa-bag
"The Alexa 2.0 is more structured than its slouchy predecessor, giving it a boxier shape"

I do not own any Mulberry bags (yet), and don't know how the "old" Alexa holds up although i have seen many photos of it ranging from well-loved to saggy.

The Alexa hasn't reached my country's stores yet so I can't feel the leather. Thank you in advance :smile:

After visiting the store in Glasgow today I was still torn about the pink neon alexa so wanted to see the others in the flesh. Absolutely fell in love with the mini in chestnut so I swapped it over! I know I’ll live to regret letting the pink one go! The mini is a beauty though

Its lovely. I’ve just got the mini Alexa in black and I’m surprised how much it holds. Do you find that the strap clasps dent into the top flap a little when its carried? Not sure if it’s going to create damage over time.

To those who already own the new Alexa, what do you think of the stiffness of the grainy leather? Is it heavy too? It's a bit too early to know whether this new bag will keep its shape for a longer period of time. From this article https://luxurylondon.co.uk/style/accessories/mulberry-relaunches-alexa-bag
"The Alexa 2.0 is more structured than its slouchy predecessor, giving it a boxier shape". I do not own any Mulberry bags (yet), and don't know how the "old" Alexa holds up although i have seen many photos of it ranging from well-loved to saggy. The Alexa hasn't reached my country's stores yet so I can't feel the leather. Thank you in advance :smile:

I have just received the mini Alexa. It is not as stiff as I was expecting but kind of spongy while keeping its shape. I’m using a liner in mine. I think the regular and oversize models will slouch more than they appear to. It’s not a heavy leather though. Quite lightweight.

Reactions: MulberryHeaux
I have just received the mini Alexa. It is not as stiff as I was expecting but kind of spongy while keeping its shape. I’m using a liner in mine. I think the regular and oversize models will slouch more than they appear to. It’s not a heavy leather though. Quite lightweight.
Congratulations on your new bag. Can we see a photo?

I carried my new regular in black into town yesterday. It hoped marvellously well with a down pour of rain despite my forgetting to spray it! I think it will slouch overtime too.

Hi all, I’ve just received my mini in Chestnut. It’s really adorable and leather is really nice. This is my first Alexa and I am unsure if it’s going to drive me crazy getting in and out of (with the two magnets and the clasp). For the amount I spent, I want to be totally in love would love your feedback.

Reactions: TwiggyM