Dreaming vs Reality

Absolutely!! There are some dressier bags that I love but don't think I'd get much use out of. Even something as simple as the pochette NM vs. the Eva clutch....as much as I love the Eva, I knew I'd get more use out of the pochette so I opted for that. I still admire some of the fancier bags but wouldn't want to buy something to have it sit in my closet for special occasions only.

I totally agree with this! I used to have quite a few bags, including all sorts of clutches and evening bags (all LV) and all they did was collect dust in my closet, because as a mother with small kids and an entrepreneur with a laid-back business (I mean I don't need to dress up) I simply never used them. SO, I sold almost 10 of such items to make one of my LV dreams come true: the Empreinte Speedy. It has a strap so it is super practical and now I only own a total of 4 bags, but all of them are practical and serve a specific purpose.

I so agree with many of the comments here already. LV being one of my favorites, I do have more than several bags. But I use them. I cannot even think of saving something for a special occasion. So I rotate my bags often. And not sure how you feel about this but I have certainly purchase a few pre owned bags from other high end designers i.e. Chanel on Fashionphile and used there 60 day plan. That helps make it attainable for me. #noshametomygame

The alma or speedy...it looks so cute; but even if i could afford it, i dont think i could pull off a handheld bag. Besides i always dress casually like jeans and simple blouse and i seldom attend social functions so i guess it doesnt fit my lifestyle...

Definitely! I love so many of the styles and colors for clutches and evening bags, but they would rarely get used. I cannot reconcile spending that much on something I will use once or twice a year. After 1 expensive, poorly thought out purchase, purely lust at first sight, I have thought about how the bag will work in my everyday life more before I purchase. I wish I had more cause to use those, but that's not how it is.

The alma or speedy...it looks so cute; but even if i could afford it, i dont think i could pull off a handheld bag. Besides i always dress casually like jeans and simple blouse and i seldom attend social functions so i guess it doesnt fit my lifestyle...

I wear my speedies with jeans or simple black slacks. :smile:

There are several beautiful LV handbags I would love to purchase, but 1. They don't fit my lifestyle. 2. I have enough LV already. 3. I actually have too many handbags if you count all the bags I have in different brands. Though I realize "too many" here at tpf is a relative term. lol. :smile:

I live in a small town, laid back wardrobe and lifestyle and we are trying to spend our money differently ( save more, spend less.)

I would love either a Delightful or a Totally in mono, but I already have a casual monogram bag and I rarely carry it as is, so I don't need another one that will sit in the closet to only come out on clear days when we go into the city. I'll admire them on others.

I love the Eva in mono and de So pretty!. Not getting either. Too dressy, way too small for me.

I also love several bags in da, but have decided to use what I have and be content with my MK "totally" (zip tote?) in vanilla. I only use it in summer anyway and I am just done buying handbags.

I AM thinking about getting a zippy coin purse in mono or red epi. I need to lighten the load in my purse and a smaller wallet would help with that. ;)

Small leather goods don't count. :graucho:

It has taken me awhile to identify my real lifestyle as opposed to my dream lifestyle, but now that I have figured it out, as long as I shop for my real lifestyle I am happier.

"Know first, who you are; then adorn yourself accordingly." Epictetus

This actually makes my life easier to manage.

Would love an empreinte artsy, but I work at a school in an impoverished area, so only get to carry my bags at the weekends now (mostly mono or DE). The only bag I will buy in the next 6 months is an epi neverfull. It's so off the radar that people wouldn't realise it was a LV!

As a soon-to-be Masters graduate with no kids, I think there's less "lifestyle restrictions" on me and LV bags. I'm such a fashion-addict, so I can almost work any bags into my outfits. Hence, I think my restriction is mostly budget-related.

I have 20 Lv purses and most are LE and don't fit my lifestyle. I love them but don't use them very much. I use my monogram speedy and cabas as everyday bags and the rest to look at and special occasions purses. If you want a purse get and take it out at special times 😃ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411507243.313750.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1411507267.907751.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1411507368.979673.jpg

Most of my wishlist items won't fit my lifestyle but they're beautiful and I want them.