Dreaming of color....

Thallasa blue is sooo cool if you can find it...
Are you strictly softer leathers? VL takes colors really differently than some of the others. For example, I have a brique togo Birkin, and then I saw something in brique VL, and it was a completely different color.
Also, a rocker could totally rock the s*it out of barenia!
What about etoupe? It's not exactly color, but it is different than what you show in your closet blog...

Raisin might do the trick in the right bag and skin. I'v eonly seen togo irl and the togo was a bit too dark for me. the togo I also saw had very heavy veining which I find now that I don't care for as much...LOL! I'm hard to please! Is there a skin where raisin shows up a bit brighter than the togo? :confused1:

Rocker - raisin would be great.:nuts: Try clemence! I'm not mad about the current togo either (too veiny for me). I find raisin goes with most of my wardrobe and provides an injection of colour without being "in your face" IYKWIM

I think raisin would be "hawt" on you :P

ROCKER As someone who has gone through this very thing AND a kindered spirit.......let me recommend two wonderful, grown up color/leather combinations that would look lovely on you.

Rouge Garance in Chamonix or Rouge H in Box/Clemence.

Both these colors look extraordinary in almost any size bag!

(re: Rouge H in Chevre. This color/leather combination tends to turn into Raspberry in the daylight. Just something to think about......)

Rockerchic, how about one of these colours from SS2008? :P Chevre Mangalore.

In the following order from front to back;-

1) Cardamome
2) Bleu Paon
3) Coq de Roche (like Brique)
4) ... this one has escaped me at the moment. I can't remember what it is.

Attachments

• Chevre Mangalore.jpg
    Chevre Mangalore.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 84
Bleu Paon looks almost like my turquoise mysore birkin... Blue paon means peacock blue i think?

I saw Coq de Roche - a large roll of leather at the Ginza store when they were having a kelly making demonstration... it looked very orangy pink (coral)...

Definitely raisin, maybe in chevre? It's a beautiful colour without being conspicuous. I know what you mean about a bright colour, I coundn't/wouldn't want to have a Hermes bag that would catch people's eye and attract too much attention.

RC- I agree with the others that raisin is a beautiful grown up color. I saw a raisin birkin in box once and it literally stopped me in my tracks- it was the most beautiful bag I think I have ever seen!

Rouge garance in clemence is a nice red- not too bright. I am pretty color shy myself and I have a rouge g bolide that works as a nice neutral.

I know you are not into greens but I am so infatuated with Cristina's vert olive birkin:heart:

RC, for you and your one bag of color...I say buy whatever color is your favorite or a color you have always loved through the years.(even if it is frivolous) You will then pull the bag out to use it just because you love the color. You will find things to wear with it just because the color makes you happy. You need one bag like this that just doesn't make sense in every way. It is your fun bag!

RC I am a bit color-shy too.
Raisin box is gorgeous and less muted than in togo. I think I need to give you my Medor pochette!!
Brighton blue (?what happened to 30 Birkin w/RS lining)
Rouge garance is a good all-purpose red.

RC... Oh...color...I can relate...

I do love rouge garrance...but...have come to the conclusion is it still too bold for me...lol...

I LOVE BJ...much more so than the muted blues...but I can somehow picture you with in brighton blue??? But am still unsure...

My current infatuation is with RAISIN!!!! I concur...a gorgeous color...saw in box, swift, and clemence in Paris...but...sigh...in Lindy and Kelly bags... Color is different by leather...I prefer the dark tone of the clemence...tone is somewhat brighter/sharper (cannot think of "right" descriptor) in swift and box...

I am also liking vert olive...but you said NO GREENS...so I will hold back...

RC I am a bit color-shy too.
Raisin box is gorgeous and less muted than in togo. I think I need to give you my Medor pochette!!
Brighton blue (?what happened to 30 Birkin w/RS lining)
Rouge garance is a good all-purpose red.

OK Pepper. I'll take your medor! Send her right over!

All, Thanks all for the suggestions. Ah, I want them all!:tup:

I know you mean color color but what about white or parchemein? The times I've met you, you've mostly been wearing dark and light colored bags really pop against a dark background.

I think with raisin, you've already tried it and I don't think a different leather will make all the difference for you.

I'm also really loving vert olive these days and think it would look great on you but....it's green, lol!