Dreaming of Bal:s...

SomethingGoodCanWork

In Clown World on Prison Planet
Feb 10, 2017
Not just generally coveting them or daydreaming on TPF, but yes, actual dreaming of Bal:s while sleeping.

I may have studied some threads on chèvre and agneau just a bit too obsessively (which is best?! but more importantly, which year is best?!!), because last night I actually had a dream involving a Balenciaga City.

Right now I'm nervously awaiting a City in Cognac from 2006, which might also explain the subject of my dream. But who knew Bal:s could start creeping into your subconscious?! I wish the dream had been all about me skipping across Apple and Emerald Green fields like an overexcited Bubblegum Pink My Little Pony, squeeing and cuddling my ever-expanding collection of mint mint mint condition Balenciagas. But nooo.

In my dream I opened a box with my just arrived 2006 Classic City in Cognac, only to discover that it was dry- dry as paper! (I think CeeJay is to blame for this particular papery horror vision :smile: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/best-and-worst-leather-years.893784/) and when I took the bag outside it started raining all over the bag while I frantically tried to dry it off. The stains! The spots! :panic: Then I probably passed out in my sleep, because I don't remember more of the dream.

Anybody else here dream about Balenciaga bags? :blush:

Not just generally coveting them or daydreaming on TPF, but yes, actual dreaming of Bal:s while sleeping.

I may have studied some threads on chèvre and agneau just a bit too obsessively (which is best?! but more importantly, which year is best?!!), because last night I actually had a dream involving a Balenciaga City.

Right now I'm nervously awaiting a City in Cognac from 2006, which might also explain the subject of my dream. But who knew Bal:s could start creeping into your subconscious?! I wish the dream had been all about me skipping across Apple and Emerald Green fields like an overexcited Bubblegum Pink My Little Pony, squeeing and cuddling my ever-expanding collection of mint mint mint condition Balenciagas. But nooo.

In my dream I opened a box with my just arrived 2006 Classic City in Cognac, only to discover that it was dry- dry as paper! (I think CeeJay is to blame for this particular papery horror vision :smile: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/best-and-worst-leather-years.893784/) and when I took the bag outside it started raining all over the bag while I frantically tried to dry it off. The stains! The spots! :panic: Then I probably passed out in my sleep, because I don't remember more of the dream.

Anybody else here dream about Balenciaga bags? :blush:
Here's the thing .. 2006 did have some good leather, but it was the bags that were produced in the 2nd batch that were better because the 1st batch was so bad that folks REALLY complained (since Balenciaga had changed Leather vendors). Not sure if they went back to the original Leather vendor, but definitely, the 2nd batch was MUCH better .. here's my 2006 Cognac City ..
2006 Camel City - pretty.jpg

Thank you aalinne_72 and for the lovely picture. Let's hope my Cognac turns out to be like this. But... if I understood CeeJay correctly (thank you for another lovely Cognac picture) my bag will be one from the first batch if they were made for S/S -06. I just checked the pictures I saved from the website I bought the bag from, and the silver plate says Y (for S/S -06). We'll see, at least I have a 30 day money back guarantee. But it looks so nice in the pictures.

Reactions: LostInBal
Thank you aalinne_72 and for the lovely picture. Let's hope my Cognac turns out to be like this. But... if I understood CeeJay correctly (thank you for another lovely Cognac picture) my bag will be one from the first batch if they were made for S/S -06. I just checked the pictures I saved from the website I bought the bag from, and the silver plate says Y (for S/S -06). We'll see, at least I have a 30 day money back guarantee. But it looks so nice in the pictures.
Ooooh, ooooh - put up a picture so that we can see!!

First, thank you for taking an interest in my bag, CeeJay, it is really an honour. Your collection of Balenciagas is humbling.

I did post a sneak picture of the bag in another thread but it was deleted as I haven't received it/it hasn't been authenticated on the Authenticate thread yet. But it is from a reputable German webbshop and my Bal make-up clutch in Rouge Vif, which has been authenticated here, was from the same shop.

Maybe the mods will allow this since you're a Bal expert. If not, apologies and please delete. And CeeJay, I don't mind if you're frank about the bag, I'd appreciate it. Although the photos are professional I'd say that the similar style photos they took of my m-u clutch were not exaggerated.

balcognac1.jpg
balcognac2.jpg
balcognac5.jpg balcognac6.jpg balcognac7.jpg

First, thank you for taking an interest in my bag, CeeJay, it is really an honour. Your collection of Balenciagas is humbling.

I did post a sneak picture of the bag in another thread but it was deleted as I haven't received it/it hasn't been authenticated on the Authenticate thread yet. But it is from a reputable German webbshop and my Bal make-up clutch in Rouge Vif, which has been authenticated here, was from the same shop.

Maybe the mods will allow this since you're a Bal expert. If not, apologies and please delete. And CeeJay, I don't mind if you're frank about the bag, I'd appreciate it. Although the photos are professional I'd say that the similar style photos they took of my m-u clutch were not exaggerated.

View attachment 3614719
View attachment 3614720
View attachment 3614721 View attachment 3614722 View attachment 3614723

Leather looks good; nice and thick and 'chewy'. Now, in regards to the nail scratches .. just get some Leather Honey (you can get it on Amazon) and apply a VERY thin coat (a small amount goes a long way). It will make those scratches disappear and will moisturize the leather and that bag will be .. SPECTACULAR!!! WOO-HOO!! :yahoo:

Leather looks good; nice and thick and 'chewy'. Now, in regards to the nail scratches .. just get some Leather Honey (you can get it on Amazon) and apply a VERY thin coat (a small amount goes a long way). It will make those scratches disappear and will moisturize the leather and that bag will be .. SPECTACULAR!!! WOO-HOO!! :yahoo:

Thank you CeeJay!, I hope you are right You are so nice, and coming from you this means something extra :flowers: The bag will probably arrive early this week so then we will know. Aah, the angst! :smile:

If you have time, you mentioned Leather Honey. I have no idea which conditioner/stain&rain repellent is best for Balenciagas- Apple Brand, Michael Kors or Leather Honey? Which do you use on your amazing collection? Does it depend on the leather and colour? I have the M-U clutch in Rouge Vif and (probably) this bag in chèvre Cognac. Can I use Leather Honey on both colours? If you use Leather Honey, do you need a Rain&Stain repellent as well?