Dreamer with scratch on front metal clasp... anything to do?

vinelo

Dec 21, 2019
I recently purchased a black/gunmetal dreamer from the Coach website. I absolutely LOVE it. However there is a minor scratch on the front clasp (and the feet are scuffed, but that would happen anyways). You can't even feel it with your fingertip, and barely with your nail, so it's very superficial. I contacted Coach and my options were to return or $25 gift card (I'm in Canada so returns/exchanges are a bit more difficult) so I decided to keep it. The scratch actually looks worse in the pictures, it's harder to see in person.

Is there anything I can do? I'm about two hours from a flagship store.

Thankyou!

20200901_180607.jpg

20200902_215317.jpg

Christofle

Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
I recently purchased a black/gunmetal dreamer from the Coach website. I absolutely LOVE it. However there is a minor scratch on the front clasp (and the feet are scuffed, but that would happen anyways). You can't even feel it with your fingertip, and barely with your nail, so it's very superficial. I contacted Coach and my options were to return or $25 gift card (I'm in Canada so returns/exchanges are a bit more difficult) so I decided to keep it. The scratch actually looks worse in the pictures, it's harder to see in person.

Is there anything I can do? I'm about two hours from a flagship store.

Thankyou!

View attachment 4836599

View attachment 4836601
I would return/exchange it

Depends on how hard you are on your bags but I have some that are a decade old and more without prominent scratches. With Coach they routinely have steep discounts so if I pay full retail, I’m expecting near perfection.

It might be worth contacting a local store because a SA can send you pictures so that you can fully verify the condition of the bag before the sale. Charge sends are pretty routine for the flagships and you can return online orders to them.

Last edited: