Dream wardrobe

I have a small house and a small closet. When I moved in 17 years ago, I had California Closets set up my main closet. I use a guest room closet for rarely used items but my goal is to have everything in my main closet. I don't have photos of my updated handbag collection but these photos are fairly representative of my situation.
how fabulous!! at first i thought it was a pic of a store!! so color coordinated!!!

This is extremely helpful! I would love to see more people post their opinion on different brands and styles of closet systems out there!
I have a walk in closet currently that's very conveniently located in the master bedroom suite. it's about 9ft x 8ft so it definitely does not fit all my stuff. It's all tricked out and exactly how I want it to be down to the lovely pink metallic ceiling fixture :P

However, I can fit maybe 1 season worth of clothing and part of my handbag collection but no way my shoes. At last count a year ago I was shocked to find out I had 600 pairs. No - I have no idea how it happened - it felt like I must have been drugged and went shoe shopping every night of my adult life. Now we all know how much of a pain it is to "switch" seasons to get the current season clothing into your closet. it's a 2 day ordeal for me usually and I am determined to see all my things and also to never do this again! I feel like there're possibly better things to do with my life and it's exhausting process. :sad:

I have an extra bedroom near the master bed suite that I'm looking to convert into an additional dressing room. I've been considering ready to buy/install options vs. hiring a carpenter to put it together for me. The key is I'd ideally get something with doors, shelves etc.

There were 2 options from the container store and the higher end one with the bells and whistles I wanted for the size of the room that i'm converting (hold on to your seatbelt now) I got quoted for about $45000USD. I thought they were joking...

The other option is too "open" with just mainly "racks" which I thought looked less polished than the IKEA option which seems quite viable! I just don't want something that's too "permanent" because who knows maybe one day I sell the house and would like to convert it back without ripping parts of the walls out.

I will be watching this wonderful thread and look for inspirations, ideas and intelligence from the fashionistas here to help me with my first world problems :lol:

Large bedroom but the walk in closet was small, so I got renovations done to get a bigger washroom instead. I bought the Ikea Pax wardrobe system and they fit perfectly against a wall in my bedroom. My clothing gets donated every few years so my wardrobe tends to stay pretty minimal. What I like about the Pax is that it was inexpensive (compared to a custom built closet), easy to assemble, and I could add/remove the shelves/drawers in the future to suit my future wardrobe.
I don't have pictures of my closet all neat and tidy right now, so here is me in it from an OOTD post :P + a peek in the drawers.

20628925_10155072114573759_295568879_o.jpg 20642000_10155072131213759_1412281317_o.jpg 18623201_1306077772774889_1861343509265166148_o.jpg

I have a small house and a small closet. When I moved in 17 years ago, I had California Closets set up my main closet. I use a guest room closet for rarely used items but my goal is to have everything in my main closet. I don't have photos of my updated handbag collection but these photos are fairly representative of my situation.
Love th colours, are they tops or sweaters?

Reactions: snow0160
This is extremely helpful! I would love to see more people post their opinion on different brands and styles of closet systems out there!
I have a walk in closet currently that's very conveniently located in the master bedroom suite. it's about 9ft x 8ft so it definitely does not fit all my stuff. It's all tricked out and exactly how I want it to be down to the lovely pink metallic ceiling fixture :P

However, I can fit maybe 1 season worth of clothing and part of my handbag collection but no way my shoes. At last count a year ago I was shocked to find out I had 600 pairs. No - I have no idea how it happened - it felt like I must have been drugged and went shoe shopping every night of my adult life. Now we all know how much of a pain it is to "switch" seasons to get the current season clothing into your closet. it's a 2 day ordeal for me usually and I am determined to see all my things and also to never do this again! I feel like there're possibly better things to do with my life and it's exhausting process. :sad:

I have an extra bedroom near the master bed suite that I'm looking to convert into an additional dressing room. I've been considering ready to buy/install options vs. hiring a carpenter to put it together for me. The key is I'd ideally get something with doors, shelves etc.

There were 2 options from the container store and the higher end one with the bells and whistles I wanted for the size of the room that i'm converting (hold on to your seatbelt now) I got quoted for about $45000USD. I thought they were joking...

The other option is too "open" with just mainly "racks" which I thought looked less polished than the IKEA option which seems quite viable! I just don't want something that's too "permanent" because who knows maybe one day I sell the house and would like to convert it back without ripping parts of the walls out.

I will be watching this wonderful thread and look for inspirations, ideas and intelligence from the fashionistas here to help me with my first world problems :lol:

This might sound a bit out there, but if you have too much, why not sell part of your stuff and only keep what fits in your current closet? Make some money in the process and save 45k on a new closet lol

This might sound a bit out there, but if you have too much, why not sell part of your stuff and only keep what fits in your current closet? Make some money in the process and save 45k on a new closet lol
Nope not out there it sounds totally logical but execution is....

3 main issues/1st world problems:
1- just am a shopaholic like many here so that does not help. Like pretty things
2- I dress quite inconsistently in various styles vs some ppl tend to stick to their personal style of either classic/cool/casual etc. I switch and favor many so when I find nice things that compliment those various styles I get and keep them for when I do dress that way. That's a multiplier for clothing and accessories.
3- recently (last 3 months so far?) lost some weight and went down about 3 sizes and actually I'm toughing it out with belts and stuff and trying hard not to buy too much in my new size because I am convinced that the weight likely will come back in some time. The weight loss is stress relate s mainly and I'm not sure it's gonna stay that way. So I am afraid to let go of my old clothes and holding back on shopping too much new ones. But dunno how long I should be in this anticipation mode before my body really settles on a size :sad:

Nope not out there it sounds totally logical but execution is....

3 main issues/1st world problems:
1- just am a shopaholic like many here so that does not help. Like pretty things
2- I dress quite inconsistently in various styles vs some ppl tend to stick to their personal style of either classic/cool/casual etc. I switch and favor many so when I find nice things that compliment those various styles I get and keep them for when I do dress that way. That's a multiplier for clothing and accessories.
3- recently (last 3 months so far?) lost some weight and went down about 3 sizes and actually I'm toughing it out with belts and stuff and trying hard not to buy too much in my new size because I am convinced that the weight likely will come back in some time. The weight loss is stress relate s mainly and I'm not sure it's gonna stay that way. So I am afraid to let go of my old clothes and holding back on shopping too much new ones. But dunno how long I should be in this anticipation mode before my body really settles on a size :sad:

Ok, not impossible to handle, here's why:

1) you can try project 333 (google it)
2) you can try a limited capsule wardrobe for each style
3) what I did recently that helped was I took out all the clothes that didn't fit right anymore, folded them and put them in plastic bags for later use if my weight settles, and in the meantime my closet is much neater.
4) if some clothes are too big maybe you can get them altered?

Hope that helps!

Reactions: diane278
That is the most organized closet I've ever seen. Wow! I love the color coordination.

I’ve been working on it again. I find it relaxing.
I rearranged the handbags. I also cleaned up a shoe section. The middle section remains unchanged. As you can see, I’m addicted to my label maker....
F29160BD-9E25-4D86-B739-E0B0BEE35790.jpeg View attachment 39751120FA7B60A-E8B0-4304-8AC1-CBA713D45FB5.jpeg

Last edited:
Love th colours, are they tops or sweaters?
I posted new photos above of two sections. The previous middle section is the same and are all tunics. I just realized I had posted an old photo of the right section.. On the far right section they’re dresses. Sweaters are in a separate cabinet. I change things frequently and don’t keep up my photos...

Last edited: