Drawer Dishwasher..anyone have one?

WOW AMANDA!!!

I hit the jackpot with your brand knowledge, I'll go check out the Kitchenaid today. I'm not familiar with the other brand...so I'll ask to see one.

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful response!

It would be nice to just run a load of glasses, not have to do the whole thing.

I also like the idea of the glasses being separate from the dishes, not so messy.

But they are about $500 more than the others...decisions!

Thanks so much!! I may bother you with more questions, I'll try to keep them concise.

no problem! i like to be able to put my knowledge to good use to help folks around here.

i reread my explaination of the benefits, and it sounded a little confusing to me. a better way to describe it would be this: you don't have to wait until you have an entirely full dishwasher to do a load. if you're like me and run out of bowls and glasses first, you don't have to wait until you're also out of plates and forks to get everything clean. just fill one of the drawers, run the cycle, and all your dishes are once again clean without having to forgo cereal or break out the plastic cups until you have a full load.

I don't own a drawer dishwasher but I also recommend the KitchenAid. I bought all KA appliances last year and have had no problems. For the price I believe the quality is very good. My traditional dishwasher does a fabulous job and my dishes come out perfect every time.

Thank you guys for the Miele recommendations, that name makes me a little nervous...I saw their prices for vacuum cleaners last year....I couldnt spend that much.

i :heart: my miele vacuum cleaner :shame: i've been renting an apartment away from my own this year and it has some other vacuum cleaner (a really tiny one and it's not the best to say the least) and i'm missing my own one soooo much!

i never really looked at any other ones so i'm not even sure how much they're supposed to cost :shame: my mother always drilled miele into me.. they're much cheaper than a dyson anyway.

I have a stainless steel Fisher Paykel 2 drawers. I've had it for like 2.5 to 3 years now. I liked the ability to configure them both as top drawers on either side of the sink (though I configured mine the normal way because I didn't want to redo my cabinets...but may do it during a remodel). I like the ability to do smaller loads andleave some things in one drawer while I do a new load in another. It also looks cool with my modern/contemporary styled decor as the kitchen is opened to the family room and is the center gathering spot in my home. I think they are very energy efficient also.