Drats! Scratches on my hardly used Chanel bag - Suggestions?

Lisasbags

Nov 4, 2006
My soft leather Chanel bag has barely seen the light of day…
Seem the only few times I’ve taken her out she ends up with marks and scratches….darn!:hysteric: :hysteric:
I’m super careful...like weird careful :wacko: and still it just seems to get scratched so easily.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Any suggestions?
Thank you!
DSC00974.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

Ive come to the unattractive conclusion -- I'm anal....:nuts:
I feel a bit guilty spending close to 2K for a bag, so I guess I want it to look as new as possible for the longest time.

Lisa, i have a Chanel with the soft leather and have since switched to caviar for that reason, and also i am hard on my bags (but they still like me lol) here's what you can do to get rid of/lessen scratches:
the moment you see a scratch, take the pads of a couple of fingers and rub it as if you're trying to rub it out ............................a Chanel SA told me that years ago..it makes scratch much less apparent

good luck

I have a very soft lambskin bag from Chanel too (on the right in pic below). It also scratches very easily, but I find that the scratches disappear if I just rub them lightly with my fingertip.

Attachments

• Chanel family pic.JPG
    Chanel family pic.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 387
Ive come to the unattractive conclusion -- I'm anal....:nuts:
I feel a bit guilty spending close to 2K for a bag, so I guess I want it to look as new as possible for the longest time.
Sometimes I buy a bag and don't even use it for the first year or so. I'm saving it. Talk about anal! :nuts: After a year, I don't think of the bag as being 'new' so I take it out, wear it and don't care as much about the scratches.
I beat the heck outta my bags, bags are for using!!! I figure hey when I wear them out I will have them refurbished.
You're right. Lately, I've been thinking that when my bag is worn out, instead of refurbishing, I will just buy a new bag. 'Worn out' means we got our money's worth, doesn't it?