Drats! Scratches on my hardly used Chanel bag - Suggestions?

1. Neiman Marcus Gift Card Event Earn up to a $500 gift card with regular-price purchase with code NMSHOP - Click or tap to check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. My soft leather Chanel bag has barely seen the light of day…
    Seem the only few times I’ve taken her out she ends up with marks and scratches….darn!:hysteric: :hysteric:
    I’m super careful...like weird careful :wacko: and still it just seems to get scratched so easily.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I think u should enjoy it and don't worry about the scratches cause u cant do anything to avoid them!!

3. You're so right -- thanks.
    Guess I needed to hear that so I could lighten up and enjoy:yes:

4. I agree...I do understand your frustration though!

5. Ive come to the unattractive conclusion -- I'm anal....:nuts:
    I feel a bit guilty spending close to 2K for a bag, so I guess I want it to look as new as possible for the longest time.

6. Lisa, i have a Chanel with the soft leather and have since switched to caviar for that reason, and also i am hard on my bags (but they still like me lol) here's what you can do to get rid of/lessen scratches:
    the moment you see a scratch, take the pads of a couple of fingers and rub it as if you're trying to rub it out ............................a Chanel SA told me that years ago..it makes scratch much less apparent

good luck

7. I have a very soft lambskin bag from Chanel too (on the right in pic below). It also scratches very easily, but I find that the scratches disappear if I just rub them lightly with my fingertip.

Chanel family pic.JPG
  8. I beat the heck outta my bags, bags are for using!!! I figure hey when I wear them out I will have them refurbished.

9. Thanks for the tips ladies!

I just rubbed the bag with my fingertip and it helped.
    I appreciate the info.:yes: :yes:

10. Sometimes I buy a bag and don't even use it for the first year or so. I'm saving it. Talk about anal! :nuts: After a year, I don't think of the bag as being 'new' so I take it out, wear it and don't care as much about the scratches.
    You're right. Lately, I've been thinking that when my bag is worn out, instead of refurbishing, I will just buy a new bag. 'Worn out' means we got our money's worth, doesn't it?