Drape of Zeus and CP Leathers on Havana?

jennirane

HHHottiecuffpower!
Nov 8, 2008
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but can anyone chime in about the different drape of the Havana in the three different leathers? (I have it in Eucalyptus and it's just a puddle of lightweight gorgeousness.) In the pics, the Crinkle Patents look the stiffest, and then the Zeus... but is that right? How do the other two leathers hang when there's not much in the hobo?

Thanks!!

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but can anyone chime in about the different drape of the Havana in the three different leathers? (I have it in Eucalyptus and it's just a puddle of lightweight gorgeousness.) In the pics, the Crinkle Patents look the stiffest, and then the Zeus... but is that right? How do the other two leathers hang when there's not much in the hobo?

Thanks!!

I can't answer for the zeus in the Havana, but there is a rad diff in the CP and the smooshy mattes such as euc or cordovan. I bought the ICP as my first Havana, because I normally don't do hobos. I thought the patent would make it feel less hobo-ish. I then bought the cordovan at that sale when it was... like a 5 minute special... just to try out the cordovan. I fell so in love with the cordovan, I sold the ICP. There was such a difference.

The cordovan (and from your pics it looks like the euc is the same) is like light fluffy smooshiness hugging against you... like a feather pillow wrapped in rose petals. The patent is stiffer, crinkly. It holds its shape. It doesn't contour to your frame unless you press it to you with your arm. Also, the strap was stiffer. I have no problem keeping the Cordovan strap on my shoulder, but my ICP strap kept slipping. It may because the strap was stiffer, or it may have been a result of the glossier, slicker surface on the strap. Remember, the patent straps on the Havana are different than those on the Corcs. The Havana straps are like double layered and have trapunto stitching along the length to "quilt" them - adding structure to the straps, which is OK in the soft matte leather, but a bit much in the CP (IMO). The Corco straps are just a folded hem - and seem to stay in place much better.

I have the VCP Havana and it is stiffer than the non cp's. After some time it has gotten a little more broke in and less stiff. I think it will always be a little stiff, but with time it will puddle more.

I have the VCP and while it will never be the same as the really smooshy leathers, it isn't stiff at all and it has a gorgeous drape to it. I wore it for about 2 months straight and it broke in beautifully.

I have a GZ Havana, but I haven't worn it yet, so I'm no help... also haven't used my VCP and ICP Havanas yet :shame: . Was thinking I should pack them up and hang them from hangers to try to break them in a bit before I carry them.

I have the VCP Havana and find it to be much much drapier than I expected! But I think I got one ("new" from HH) that had been around the block. I think it's the one that some of you have returned several times bc the strap was lighter than the body of the bag. It is much lighter but I don't mind atleast at the price I got! The VCP is nothing like the king of drapy smooshy Havanas - my Chalk w silk flower lining. But I'm very happily surprised with the softness and way it molds under my arm! I will try to get some pics that illustrate this soon. Of course it's the IRL under the arm feel alone that can convince you, but I'll attempt :smile: For a patent Havana, I can't imagine much better!

I have a GZ Havana, but I haven't worn it yet, so I'm no help... also haven't used my VCP and ICP Havanas yet :shame: . Was thinking I should pack them up and hang them from hangers to try to break them in a bit before I carry them.

Minn, watch how you hang them from the hanger when loaded. When I want to "shape the drape" of a bag, I slide a full roll of TP over the end of a door hook and then set the bag's shoulder strap over that. That way it shapes nicely to the shape of the shoulder at the strap and the body of the bag relaxes and shapes to a typical load. A hanger can set the strap into too sharp of a bend.

Great questions! I had been wondering the same thing about the CP Havanas. They appeal to me because of the durability/water resistance of them but then I couldn't figure what they're like once they are broken in and more crumply. I know the KP corc is a different kind of patent but mine is definitely getting more broken in and feels smooshier so I was imagining that the same kind of thing would happen with the crinkle patents.

I generally love the CP leathers... my TCP Pilot is one of my favorite pieces, and it's almost as indestructible as the KP on my Corcovado. I just wondered with how slouchy the Havana shape is... and Bonnie's trying to decide what color she wants for her first Havana :smile: It's down to GZ and ICP, I think... I'm sold on the regular leathers, though, for that shape. My Euc is amazing. SO incredibly lightweight. And I'm stalking a Cordovan :nuts:

My VCP Trophy shows wear on the bottom corners (the patent has scuffed off) and I've carried the bag no more than ten times. Maybe CP holds up better on a Havana since it is a simpler design and doesn't have sharp corners.

Same thing on my TCP Trophy, Syb. The finish on the corners is worn off a bit. It doesn't bother me though. My VCP on the other hand shows no wear that I can see and it's been worn at least 40-50 times.