dr. weil, mega mushroom line

db89

O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
anyone familar with this line of skincare .. its by origins...

and not tested on animals...

anyone have experience with them .. i notice it a bit pricey but hey if it works ....

The smell is natural--it doesn't have any added fragrance to it. I personally like the smell of the line.

I like this face serum. I use RetinA micro, which absolutely can and does irritate my skin. This is extremely calming, I don't have any redness or peeling since I started using it.

I've used the face cleanser and face lotion. I have sensitive acme prone skin that's pretty spastic. I used them both for a while, then I went off of BC and my skin really broke out horribly so I stopped using it. I recently started using the lotion again because it's really cold out and my skin is dry. The lotion for me is a godsend it also helps with the redness in my face and it dosent make my face break out. When I was on BC I liked using both the cleanser & lotion together, now that I'm off if it I don't like to use any cleanser because it causes me to break out. I'm probably in the minority but I actually like the smell of the line, kind of earthy. The line is pricey if you didn't already The next time you step in a origins ask if you can have a sample of it. I've gotten samples from there several times, some prepackaged and they also have little tiny jars that they can put stuff in that they don't have samples of.

yeah.. i really wanted to try this line ... but was hesitate and its not so popular on these boards......... and it was on the pricey side.... so did not want to take a chance.

I don't blame you. I say the next time your in Orgins ask for a sample, I think you'll have better luck in a Origins store vs a department store that features Origins products.

yeah.. i will try to get to one of those origins store.. but i also find its not everywhere . its not one of those stores like GAP , etc.. that you find everywhere .....

I have used this cleanser in the past and just went back to it. The cleanser from Dr. Weil is marketed for sensitive skin and redness, but I have always have very sensitive acne prone skin. My acne is mostly mild, sometimes moderate, but I never ever got one pimple while using this line. My skin calmed down so much. When I told the SA this in the store, she was suprised. I don't know, but my skins loves this stuff and I have clear beautiful skin. I knew it was this cleanser, because I ran out and tried a drugstore brand and within a few days started breaking out. It is expensive, but I used to be on Retin-A, so definitely not more expensive than that. And I like the smell. I have beeen using Origins products for years and I generally like the natural smell. I don't like products going on my skin to very perfumey. I would definitely get a sample just becuase everyone reacts differently to all products. For instance, I absolutely love all Origins products, so I decided to try the Never a Dull Moment cleanser and just bought it being sure I could put it in my rotation. The smell almost made me gag. It smells like gummy bears or something disgustingly sweet. Anyway, long story short, try it out. LOL.

i am using the weil bedtime cream and I love it so much. I switched to Origins and decided that I need a different cream for night time because my old Biotherm Aquasource moisturiser that Ive been using for years just couldnt perform that well anymore.

And its the best decision i've made for my skin. It smells great and helps me feel relaxed at night, its moisturising and creamy yet never makes me break out.

You really shld try the bedtime cream!

I LOVE ORIGINS!! I started off by using the eye doctor cream and now have multiple products from them. The Mega Mushroom line is great if you have sensitive skin that reddens easily. I use the cleanser and it does not irritate my face at all and totally removes my makeup all while keeping my skin calm and not over drying it. I also use their "Perfect World" cream in the morning and at night but am considering switching to a Mega Mushroom cream!