Dr. Toriumi Asian Rhinoplasty ? U.S. Asian Rhinoplasty?

Pinkpuff100

Sep 8, 2019
I have been thinking about getting an Asian rhinoplasty for years, but I’ve been worried about getting an unnatural result. I really would like to have the surgery in the United States if possible and was wondering if anyone had experience with and know how Dr.Toriumi in Chicago is with Asian rhinoplasties? I saw a B&A and thought his result was natural with a definite improvement. Does anyone know around how much he charges? I heard all about Dr. Yoo and Dr. Charles Lee in Beverly Hills, but I feel that Dr. Yoo’s aesthetic is a bit unnatural and I’ve seen bad reviews for Dr. Lee. Any thoughts on any good doctors for Asian rhinoplasty in the U.S.? Additionally I would like to only to use cartilage from my own body because I’m worried about the long term affects of implants.

Hey gals. I don’t know if this will be helpful but whatever you do, if you do get surgery make sure you don’t get any synthetic implants! Especially goretex! Good luck!
May I know why apart from infection? Did you have any complications with Goretex?
I have silicon breast implants so I am thinking I won't have infection from nose implant? Or are these completely 2 different things?

I hear they are much harder to remove than silicone if you end up not liking it. Also in general, implants never truly incorporate into your body so chances are--in the future, you'll end up removing the implant. I would stick to your own tissue or cartilage. I have a goretex implant and my nose looks terrible.

View attachment 4935392
Thank you so much for sharing!! Did you do it in Korea or US?

Dr Reish's before and afters look great!! Do you ever worry doctors because they mostly do non-Asian noses? Since we are Asian, we need augmentation work rather than shaving down like most Caucasians' noses? And we usually have thicker skin compared to them too. Thank you for sharing! Have you ever heard of Dr Anil Shah in Chicago?

Hey, I'm also looking into Asian Rhinoplasty in US. Did you ever got your nose done within these months? I haven't heard of Dr Toriumi but I'm looking at Dr Anil Shah in Chicago.
I haven’t gotten my nose done yet. I’ll probably wait until COVID-19 is over, and I’m still researching because I’m so scared of choosing the wrong doctor and getting a result that I regret.:doh:

Reactions: CallMeHyung
Looked into Toriumi as well. His realself reviews are all over the place. Some great, some god awful. Apparently he is more skilled as a textbook/theoretical doctor than an artist. I'm in the medical field. Some people can be wonderfully intelligent people but not have the hand skills to back it up... I can't speak from personal experience but I don't think I would gamble with that.

Yeah, don't go to Dr.Yoo. His results are honestly so horrible, and he is such a bad person as well lol. On realself, someone posted her review on the rhinoplasty he did and how bad it came out, and Dr.Yoo and his lawyer brother were trying to her for "defamation" even though it was literally just a review. There's also a youtuber (Kayla Kosuga) who got her nose done by him and she didn't get the results she wanted.

I have been thinking about getting an Asian rhinoplasty for years, but I’ve been worried about getting an unnatural result. I really would like to have the surgery in the United States if possible and was wondering if anyone had experience with and know how Dr.Toriumi in Chicago is with Asian rhinoplasties? I saw a B&A and thought his result was natural with a definite improvement. Does anyone know around how much he charges? I heard all about Dr. Yoo and Dr. Charles Lee in Beverly Hills, but I feel that Dr. Yoo’s aesthetic is a bit unnatural and I’ve seen bad reviews for Dr. Lee. Any thoughts on any good doctors for Asian rhinoplasty in the U.S.? Additionally I would like to only to use cartilage from my own body because I’m worried about the long term affects of implants.
BeverlyHills: Charles Kyoung Kim MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Has done some training in SKorea ckplasticsurgeryinc.com

Wave Plastic Surgery, Los Angeles, several locations: Dr Peter Lee, Founder is great. Dr Ben Lee's b&a looks good too. They operate on tons of Korean and Chinese https://waveplasticsurgery.com/

Dr Reish's before and afters look great!! Do you ever worry doctors because they mostly do non-Asian noses? Since we are Asian, we need augmentation work rather than shaving down like most Caucasians' noses? And we usually have thicker skin compared to them too. Thank you for sharing! Have you ever heard of Dr Anil Shah in Chicago?

For everyone recommending Richard Reish, I do not recommend him for anyone who needs augmentation, has a long droopy nose, needs a revision, or needs any significant work done. I’ve had extensive experience with him, and he does not know how to use native rib. He uses MTF cadaver cartilage and messed up a model’s nose by warping it.

He doesn’t have any negative reviews because he pays refunds whenever a negative review pops up in exchange for keeping silent.

I had a better experience with someone else but unsure how good he is with native rib in Connecticut.

Reish had no idea what he was doing with my case and only has 7 years experience. He literally changed his mind 3 times. He does not do septal extension grafts (doesn’t know how) only columellar strut. I’ve never seen him do augmentation either, and I don’t think he’s done any special things to learn Asian noses. The doc I ended up going to went to Korea and China for conferences.

I did a consult with Charles Lee, and he’s much more experienced with Asian noses and grafts than most in the US. He’s the one to go to if you want to use your own rib. I was wary about using my own rib and didn’t want to go to west coast and went to someone in CT and am 3.5 weeks postop. Pretty pleased so far.

Last edited: