Dr. Jin Hong-Ryul --- Unskilled, Concealed and Runs After He Cheats Your Money Out of Your Pocket

Jan 11, 2019
First of all, shame on myself for twice going to this dishonest cheater. The guy is completely desensitized. He doesn't care.

I actually now start to believe that he intentionally botched me on the second surgery.

Complete liar. Now he refused to send me all my surgical photos that I requested. Refused to return my email. Refused to provide partial refund.

You all have to know that his septal extension graft means pointing down toward the ground. Not pointing forward. He does not have skills in providing the adequate amount of tip support.

The guy is a cheater. He knows how to provide false advertising: "I build natural noses with a soft tip." Sure, it sounds good. Do you think it's possible for a soft tip to have enough support?? Complete oxymoron, isn't it? Do you think the tip will not drop SIGNIFICANTLY after the swelling is down?

He does not know or have the skills to provide tip support!!

If someone tells you: I can build you a house with entirely wood that is impossible to catch fire. Would you believe it?

Built my nose twice. My nose tip dropped significantly twice. Then he tells me to to shave off the bump from where the nose starts to drop.

This guy is the most dishonest rhinoplasty surgeon among all the ones I consulted.

I even wrote on a reminder note for him to take into the surgery room to remind him that:

1. please take into consideration that nose tip will drop several months after surgery.
2. tip height to nose length should be close to 0.67

The liar does exactly the opposite during surgery. The nose looks nothing like the morphed photos.

Do NOT let this cheater inject diced fascia behind your upper lip. It turned into chunks of rocks and I will need to have it removed in 2 months! This concealed cheater led me to believe this was for comfort purposes. But really, it was a way for him to nickle and dime on the septal extension support and not to give proper tip projection.

He is not going to disclose everything to you. He doesn't want you to back out the day before surgery and loses a day's revenue.

he will distribute all your internal soft issue lining for lengthening purposes, instead of giving you real tip projection. He is a moron and cannot estimate the amount of tip drop after surgery and the proper tip projection needed during surgery.

He is the only doctor who keeps on telling me my nose doesn't have enough skin to be stretched. All other doctors carefully examined my nose and said they they were not worried about my skin stretch-ability.

He initially wanted to give me 2mm tip change. 2mm. Does that show a difference on your 6 inch mobile phone screen? Other doctors clearly indicated almost 6mm. Months after surgery, I found out my tip dropped so much that there was LESS projection now than my ORIGINAL nose!

Folks, stop believing lies. If you let Jin Hong Ryul cheat you twice like he did to me. Shame on ourselves.

yeah, shame on me for sure for going back to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: catria
Jan 11, 2019
Very simple. Because he provided a solution and led me to believe he can fix it. Simple as that. If someone operated one your nose, then he knows the inside already and what he did in the past. It is a natural response to think this person will take it more seriously and make sure it is done correctly.

Reactions: catria

catria

Aug 16, 2020
So sorry about your situation. Thanks for your honest review to warn others. Are you looking into revision?

Jan 11, 2019
Yes, by Dr. Jay Calvert, Dr. Donald Yoo, Cho Bae Jung, or Dr. Grant Fairbanks for Utah.

Definitely not Jin. He is a moron. His noses's are always 4mm lower than where they should be. Did you notice that?

He is not capable to make changes to people's noses. He is a salesman.

Jan 11, 2019
already twice with him. i am not stupid. look at his website. see how ugly his noses are. he cannot make changes to people's noses.

salesman. cheater.

sempervivum

Sep 16, 2018
You have to stop spamming this board with your one sided, inarticulate, and unhelpful comments. The women and men here are not for you to dump your anger and defamatory comments. Please get some therapy, which you can clearly benefit more from than ps. There are people here who have heartbreaking stories and they choose to expose dr and clinics with real proof. Stop asking people to 1:1 you where you can try to manipulate and abuse them. You clearly suffer from internalized racism and self hatred towards your own ethnicity. There's nothing wrong with the way east asians are born and the features we have. Its your irresponsibility that led you to an unsatisfactory result further sabotaged by your God complex tier arrogance towards your anatomy and recovery. Please seek help and leave us alone.

Reactions: surfingnewzealand

catria

Aug 16, 2020
You have to stop spamming this board with your one sided, inarticulate, and unhelpful comments. The women and men here are not for you to dump your anger and defamatory comments. Please get some therapy, which you can clearly benefit more from than ps. There are people here who have heartbreaking stories and they choose to expose dr and clinics with real proof. Stop asking people to 1:1 you where you can try to manipulate and abuse them. You clearly suffer from internalized racism and self hatred towards your own ethnicity. There's nothing wrong with the way east asians are born and the features we have. Its your irresponsibility that led you to an unsatisfactory result further sabotaged by your God complex tier arrogance towards your anatomy and recovery. Please seek help and leave us alone.
Eh I think that seems kinda harsh.. she's just responding to questions while clearly upset. I feel sympathy for her, not annoyance, but that's just me

cj253

Aug 3, 2020
I'm not invalidating your experience and feelings but I agree that it is a bit suspicious that you won't post your b&a. Why won't you post them here?

Jan 11, 2019
The most dangerous part about Jin Hong Ryul is that he never admits: "i don't know how to give tips. I don't know how to give supratip break. I don't know how to suture you up if I give you projection." Instead, AFTER he makes your nose ugly, he is going to argue with you that he delivered what he said he was going to deliver. He would not give you partial refund. He would not provide you with surgery photos so you can show your future surgeon. I asked him questions about his surgical technique so I can tell my future surgeons such information so they know what to expect. Jin Hong Ryul would never provide such information.

What elver you ask him to achieve before the surgery, he just sits there remaining quiet. He doesn't want you to back out because then he loses a day without surgery income. He assumes that you will accept his ugly result and move on.

Really, you guys don't even need to look at my photos. Just look at all of his patients' noses on his website. Would you pay him the money that he demands to get a nose like those noses on his website? Common sense.

I personally like some of his patients' BEFORE noses than their AFTER noses.

The guy is a dishonest dumbass. He should go to jail.

If you want to verify if I said is accurate, just go meet him and have a surgery with him. Find out yourself. See if your nose will be anywhere like your desired morphed nose photo that you bring to him.

Last edited:

Gats

Jul 14, 2016
Really, you guys don't even need to look at my photos. Just look at all of his patients' noses on his website. Would you pay him the money that he demands to get a nose like those noses on his website? Common sense.

I personally like some of his patients' BEFORE noses than their AFTER noses.
I have to ask, why did you chose him as your surgeon after looking at his before/afters if you hated all his results?