Downsized on WE TV

It's about a family who was very well off due to the father's booming contracting company, which then went under. He spent all their savings including their retirement funds trying to keep it going. Their home was foreclosed, they filed bankruptcy, and now they are on food stamps, accumulating credit card debt, and struggling to make their rent and support seven children and themselves on the wife's teaching salary.

I think there are four episodes right? Watched them all at one shot tonight and I really liked how the parents shared their financial situation and monthly expenses with the kids so they really understand what is going on and pretty good about helpful out the family situation. I don't want to give away too much but the episode where they were trying to make rent and $100 short, one of the kids sold something to help. I thought that was a really touching moment.

Does anyone know if the wife's wedding rings are real? Once in the while, when the husband and wife talk about their dire financial situation, the camera would flash down to her wedding rings. :thinking:

I think there are four episodes right? Watched them all at one shot tonight and I really liked how the parents shared their financial situation and monthly expenses with the kids so they really understand what is going on and pretty good about helpful out the family situation. I don't want to give away too much but the episode where they were trying to make rent and $100 short, one of the kids sold something to help. I thought that was a really touching moment.

^^I saw that one last night! I nearly cried when I saw that.

I must have been distracted though, when they explained why the oldest daughter got a car. How were they able to afford that or where did it come from?

She doesn't need to go into business if she can't fairly charge a price. I damned near fell out my chair when she told that lady $80, especially after she suggested mopping, cleaning the oven, etc...WOW.

^^I saw that one last night! I nearly cried when I saw that.

I must have been distracted though, when they explained why the oldest daughter got a car. How were they able to afford that or where did it come from?

That is Todd's daughter and her mom helps out with her expenses. That's why she got a car and got to go to the prom.

I also noticed the mom/wife ( I forgot her name ) wears a lot of jewelry. I think the camera person focuses on it a lot. I also did not like her excuse for spending money at the coffee shop. I know she is ill but what is keeping her from saving and making her coffee at home?!?