Down to 3 bags...PLEASE help me decide

gretsch

Sep 6, 2007
I know we all have our own personal style and what we like it what we like. But for me, I am spending more on my upcoming bag than I have spent before and I need input, advice, thoughts, etc. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the 3 bags I have attached pics of. I like them for different reasons:
Knox Pamplona @ $388 is very unique and I like that. Not sure that I will really like it IRL. Will it look weird how those outside pockets stick out so much farther than the main bag? And will those outer pockets really be usable? Is a new designer worth that much money?
Rebecca Minkoff Nikki @ $465 should stand the test of time. I'm pretty sure I will like the style, it's sort of basic yet with a little punch. I am scared to spend that much. Not sure if I should since there are other bags I like...but if I do like it more, is it worth it?
Marc Jacobs Turnlock @ $388 is the most classic and is the least interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, I think it is beautiful and I like that it would probably be the most timeless, but I am afraid that it might be a tad too boring for me. But there is something about it that really draws me in nonetheless.
Keep in mind that I haven't seen any of these IRL. I am so confused and like them all for different reasons. Is there any advice you can give me on these bags and/or tips on how I can go about deciding on THE ONE. Anyone with ANY input please help. Thanks!!

Attachments

• marc.jpg
    marc.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Nikki.jpg
    Nikki.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 149
  • pamplona.jpg
    pamplona.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 95
Is it possible for you to check out the bags in person before buying? If not, then maybe buy one or two at places where you can return them without any problems. I have returned bags that I purchased online after reading rave reviews on the board but once the bag was in my hand, quickly realized they were not meant for me.

Good luck!!

PS- I like the Rebecca Minkoff Nikki. I was considering that one myself but found a similar hobo style for much less (a Lucky bag that was $150).

What do you need the bag for? I would consider all of them for different reasons. I personally like bags with outside pockets and find the mj to be the most functional..

The Marc bag is part of the turnlock collection and offers some of the best leather you can find for the money. Being under $500, this bag has outstanding leather, quality, lots of pockets, and it swings right over the shoulder. The RM bag is gorgeous too and has great leather too but in terms of functionality the Marc bag is better. Looks wise, I think its a toss up between the two.

gretsch, as others have mentioned, that MbMJ line does have gorgeous leather.

If you find the style boring, you can always dress it up by putting a scarf around it or a cute charm perhaps?

I agree with Gung. I have a bag from that Marc line and the leather is absolutely amazing. It is thick and durable but so buttery soft, it is unbelievable. It is extremely good quality for its price. I really love the RM bag as well. I guess it comes down to how much you will use those outside pockets. Is that important to you? If so, I would go for the Marc as you will probably use it more, thus getting more "bang for your buck". As for the third choice, I really don't think those pockets will be functional. Are they just open like that? Maybe I'm just not seeing it right but I would be afraid of losing something with the pockets gaping like that. I think it may also look kind of funny when it lays against your body. That bag is more of a risk. I don't think you should buy it unless you see it IRL. That way, you can see how it looks. The other two bags are not as risky as they are more classic shapes. Make sure to buy from a site that allows returns though as you don't want to get "stuck" with a bag that does anything less than wow you.

I love the one in the middle, it looks like it holds a lot and I love the shape and the hardware on the sides of the bag. The one to the left seems a bit boring and the one on the right is interesting...I'm not sure about those pockets on the sides...I have a feeling those might look silly in person.

It's too bad the outside pockets on the Knox extend so far...I think it would be much better if it was similar design but the outside pockets didn't extend beyond the main bag. At this point I am leaning toward the Minkoff (middle bag)...so my main decision is if I want to pay that much...