Doubts (V line + cheekbone + undereye surgery)

ChoiJaeYoung

Jan 7, 2017
Hey everyone. I am from India and will be going to South Korea coming april for my surgery. I wanted to ask few questions to other users here since I am pretty much new to this site and also plastic surgery culture. I have decided to get V line + cheekbone + undereye surgery. I also wanted to do liposuction(or some lift) on my doublechin but it will be too expensive overall. Few clinics which I have in mind are:
1) DA plastic surgery clinic
2) Wonjin Plastic Surgery Clinic
3) TL plastic surgery clinic
4) Regen Plastic Surgery Clinic

I also had ID and Grand in mind but after reading a lot of negative reviews I changed my mind.

Since I want more defined jawline (masculine like korean actors) I was said these clinics are known for having male clients?!

So here are few questions I wanted to ask.

1) Which visa does a foreigner usually have for plastic surgery? Tourism or medical tourism?
2) Are the clinics I mentioned above known for facial contouring surgery?
3) Which other clinics will you recommend? Please consider the fact I want more masculine result and not feminine.
4) Most clinics are asking overall 20 million krw ( for all three). Is it too much? If yes how can I ask them to reduce the price?
5) How many days would you recommend me to stay? Is 20 days too much?

The person in the profile picture is me :smile: incase you needed a picture as reference.

Hi @ChoiJaeYoung

I had under eye bag repositioning and Acculift on cheeks and under chin done back in September. Now I'm 3 months post op and pretty satisfied with the result with no side effects. I also booked the ticket to Korea to do v-line and cheekbone reduction surgery in March so I hope my experience and researches might help you to make decision more or less.

I didn't have big eye bags prior the surgery but it was very bumpy when I smiled. And now they are not bumpy anymore so I think the surgery is successful. For Acculift, the recovery was easy but it was a little sored and of course very swollen. I didn't see much change on my cheeks fat but my under chin fat reduced significantly and there is so scar whatsoever!

To answer your questions according to my experience and research;

1) Which visa does a foreigner usually have for plastic surgery? Tourism or medical tourism?
- I'm from Thailand so I don't need a visa to go to South Korea but my clinic prepared a document comfirming I will have plastic surgery with them to show at the immigration.

- According to my personal research, they are pretty well-known and have good reviews. Actually TL and DA were my top lists before I made the final decision.

3) Which other clinics will you recommend? Please consider the fact I want more masculine result and not feminine.
- It's really hard to pinpoint what is the 'best' clinic with all the bombarding informations. I think the best way is to do research more on the surgeons, not only the clinics.

4) Most clinics are asking overall 20 million krw ( for all three). Is it too much? If yes how can I ask them to reduce the price?
- As we are foreigners, those are the price the clinics usually quote us which unfortunately way too expensive than the local price. You can definitely try to bargain down the price. I would say 20-30% is possible.

- For facial contouring, the minimum suggested duration to stay in korea is 14 days as you need to have your final stitches removed on 14th day post op.

Anyway as I mentioned before I'm going back to Korea for my facial contouring in March so very excited and also nervous about the result and side effects that might happen. I wish you for the very best luck on your research and the surgery!

Hi @ChoiJaeYoung

I had under eye bag repositioning and Acculift on cheeks and under chin done back in September. Now I'm 3 months post op and pretty satisfied with the result with no side effects. I also booked the ticket to Korea to do v-line and cheekbone reduction surgery in March so I hope my experience and researches might help you to make decision more or less.

I didn't have big eye bags prior the surgery but it was very bumpy when I smiled. And now they are not bumpy anymore so I think the surgery is successful. For Acculift, the recovery was easy but it was a little sored and of course very swollen. I didn't see much change on my cheeks fat but my under chin fat reduced significantly and there is so scar whatsoever!

To answer your questions according to my experience and research;

- I'm from Thailand so I don't need a visa to go to South Korea but my clinic prepared a document comfirming I will have plastic surgery with them to show at the immigration.

- According to my personal research, they are pretty well-known and have good reviews. Actually TL and DA were my top lists before I made the final decision.

- It's really hard to pinpoint what is the 'best' clinic with all the bombarding informations. I think the best way is to do research more on the surgeons, not only the clinics.

- As we are foreigners, those are the price the clinics usually quote us which unfortunately way too expensive than the local price. You can definitely try to bargain down the price. I would say 20-30% is possible.

- For facial contouring, the minimum suggested duration to stay in korea is 14 days as you need to have your final stitches removed on 14th day post op.

Anyway as I mentioned before I'm going back to Korea for my facial contouring in March so very excited and also nervous about the result and side effects that might happen. I wish you for the very best luck on your research and the surgery!

Hey :smile: thank you for answering all my questions :smile: which clinic are you going to if I may ask?

- It's really hard to pinpoint what is the 'best' clinic with all the bombarding informations. I think the best way is to do research more on the surgeons, not only the clinics
I 100% agree with that, this is the surgeon who will perform the surgery :smile:

I also had ID and Grand in mind but after reading a lot of negative reviews I changed my mind
Good that you changed your mind, after reading all the negative reviews on the internet I was still like well okay maybe they are having so many patients that statistically they naturally have more complaints
But HELL NO when I found out girls that were okay with their results, I think it was botched but they were just okay with it, AND finding out locals saying all over the forums 'don't go, don't go there' AND finding out people who actually pretend they went on they own but they were just sponsored or something AND finding out locals blacklisted that clinic too (you probably know which clinic I'm talking about but if you have no idea you can PM me). It's a pity. Not that it's not good, but likely to get a botched job there

I was said these clinics are known for having male clients?!
Yes of course they do have male clients, but please note that not every man is looking for the square/sharp look.
Combine safe clinic + doctor's skills and style

You can definitely bargain. You can even bargain down and include Acculift or some sort of lippo to get the defined look.
You just ask to reduce the price haha, try to work your negociation skills! Plus you do more than 1 simple procedure it should be okay :smile:

They are all known for facial contouring. As I mentionned, please be careful choosing the doctor/clinic, because facial contouring for men is a little bit different from FC for women especially if you don't want the v-line look :smile:

20 days is more than okay for FC+undereye and eventually lipo :smile: 14 days is classic. As they remove stitches on the 14th day usually, they recommand you to stay until then because it's better to let your clinic remove the stitches. Some people stay less than 14 days so they get their stitches removed in their country. If you have some kind of dissolvable stitches you can let them dissolve. But it can cause infection

Reactions: ChoiJaeYoung
I 100% agree with that, this is the surgeon who will perform the surgery :smile:

Good that you changed your mind, after reading all the negative reviews on the internet I was still like well okay maybe they are having so many patients that statistically they naturally have more complaints
But HELL NO when I found out girls that were okay with their results, I think it was botched but they were just okay with it, AND finding out locals saying all over the forums 'don't go, don't go there' AND finding out people who actually pretend they went on they own but they were just sponsored or something AND finding out locals blacklisted that clinic too (you probably know which clinic I'm talking about but if you have no idea you can PM me). It's a pity. Not that it's not good, but likely to get a botched job there

Yes of course they do have male clients, but please note that not every man is looking for the square/sharp look.
Combine safe clinic + doctor's skills and style

You can definitely bargain. You can even bargain down and include Acculift or some sort of lippo to get the defined look.
You just ask to reduce the price haha, try to work your negociation skills! Plus you do more than 1 simple procedure it should be okay :smile:

They are all known for facial contouring. As I mentionned, please be careful choosing the doctor/clinic, because facial contouring for men is a little bit different from FC for women especially if you don't want the v-line look :smile:

20 days is more than okay for FC+undereye and eventually lipo :smile: 14 days is classic. As they remove stitches on the 14th day usually, they recommand you to stay until then because it's better to let your clinic remove the stitches. Some people stay less than 14 days so they get their stitches removed in their country. If you have some kind of dissolvable stitches you can let them dissolve. But it can cause infection

Thank you again for being so helpful☺

Hi Im 23 year old man from South Korea. I have had heard that this forum is a good community to discuss about their complex and to look for suitable PS Surgeons and hospitals. Im here to share my story and happy to give you guys the infos that I have. Firstly, I always had a complex with my facial shape, my both side jaws are not equal, and it is kinda big. Therefore I was looking for the surgeons who are professional with jaw surgery. I went to alot of interviews for various hospitals. At last I've decided to have surgery in DA hospital. One of the head doctor in DA, is a surgeon who has a various experience and know how to deal with various types of cases. Once I met him and discussed with him, I felt the feeling that I can trust this doctor. To be honest, everyone has their own feeling and their are thousands of doctors who are professional at jaw surgery in Korea. But Dr. Lee was the one of top jaw surgeons in Korea. Therefore I having facial contour surgery in DA on 23rd. If you guys have any questions, Im more than happy to share infos and answer your question
Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, how much price did they quote you? Are you doing two jaw surgery or facial contouring? It's really difficult to find good clinics for men plastic surgery in Korea. Also do keep us updated with your result and experience :smile: