Doubt with Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman & Amy Adams

SimoneR

in an orange abyss
O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
Has anyone seen this? I LOVED it! My husband & I were talking about it for a long time afterwards. We forced friends of our to go so we can all discuss :P The title "Doubt" is perfect. The acting & direction were brilliant.

This was a flashback for me, lol. I would of been in 2nd grade in 1964. Had a school uniform that looked so much like the one in the movie.
80% of the nuns I had looked just like Meryl Streeps character. The school, went to one that looked just like it. Even the peeling walls. lol
Still can't figure out the 'group' the nuns belong to by their uniforms. (Only familar with 3, know there are several.) I think they were on the east coast.
It was very well done. Thought it was funny when the kid got sent to the principles office & she told him to shut up & go back to class. Could relate to this. lol

I finally saw this movie today.
I think the 10 people in the theater were the last folks who hadn't seen it yet as it has been out for months and months.
I went to see it because I wanted to see Meryl Streep's performance, she is just amazing in everything she does.

I actually read the play prior but never saw it in the theater.
So good. Hoffman and Adams are good too - - so are the kids, and Viola Davis as the mother of the boy (wow!)