Doubling up

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone else have multiples of an exact item they love? :love:

I have two 32cm sellier Kelly bags in black box with GHW. One was a 21st birthday present many years ago and I use it for formal day events; the other was a vintage purchase and I use it for everyday use.

I have a few scarves I'd like to double up if I ever get the chance. I'd really love another brides de gala in black/white/gold. :girlsigh:

2. I don't "double up" with Hermes for obvious reasons..........the expense, but I double up on shoes, and other items! :nuts:

3. I used to double up

2 sellier 28 (BB and porc)
    2 evelynes (GM togo and PM barenia toile)
    2 picotins (MM clemence and PM barenia)
    3 jiges PM (2 Box, 1 evercalf)
    2 cdc bracelets (chamonix and alligator)
    2 double tours
    doubles of Carre en Carre twill; ex libris GM c/s; Bolduc au carre GM c/s
    doubles in different size/ material of CenC; BdG;

Now I am becoming happier with just the things I really use and wear a lot.

4. No doubling up....I believe strongly in cost-per-wear. So, I'll have two birkins for example but they both need to be very different from each other. Scarves can NOT be similar in color/design. That kind of thing.

I DO, however, have doubles/triples/quads of my favorite basic clothing items.....

5. Well - yes and no. Not identical, but I have three 30cm togo Birkins in different colors, and a couple of the same scarves in different
    colors. And btw, just got a BdeG in the black/white gold.:P

6. Yes and no for me as well. Don't do exact doubles. But I have like 6 cws each of les cles & passementerie scarves, a couple of cws of the KenC shawl and some kelly double tours in diff. cws.

But the other day when I saw a brand new les cles in purple (which I already have and absolutely :heart:), I was thinking of getting another one, j u s t in c a s e :nuts: :nuts:

..but having placed an order for several scarves and other items, I restrained myself ;)

7. Like Butterfly, no exact doubles. Multiple birkins but different colors. And shawls and stoles in same pattern but different colorways.

I have been sorely tempted to buy multiples of shoes that I love. Nothing is worse than a favorite pair wearing out, not to be replaced. With H, at least with bags, you are likely to be able to replace a favorite if necessary. But I do see your reasoning, if you use one as an everyday, drag around bag.

8. No Hermes multiples, but regular shoes and clothes yes. If I find something that is great and it fits, I'll buy multiples.

9. lulilu and india, I totally agree! Nothing worse than your favourite pair of jeans/boots wearing out and being unable to replace them :shucks:

I also have multiples of nice fitting t-shirts, shirts and jeans.

My double BBK habit is similar though... it's the perfect bag so I have one for best and one for everyday which I don't mind scuffing. It's probably just a reflection of my boringness though, I can't imagine carrying a bright colour bag even though I think they're breathtakingly beautiful! If I had a rouge H Kelly I'd probably just keep it on a shelf and stare at it in admiration :lol:

10. I'm a total victim of 'just in case' too! :lol:

11. I can't afford to double-up on Hermes, but I probably would with certain things like my card cases, because I have enough cards and stuff to fill two and use them both at the same time. :lol:

But as S'Mom said already, I believe in cost per wear. It's one of the reasons I can justify buying H in the first place, so buying two of the things that I can only use one of at any given time (bags, ties, scarves, belts etc) I just see as a waste of money and a little pointless.

If the things break, which hasn't happened yet, I would take it back to be repaired. So I see no reason to have two of everything.... just the things I can use two of at the same time.

12. i cannot afford to double up too but i can totally get OP's, one to keep, after all it's a bday gift and a 21st at that and one as a workhorse.

13. LOL guilty! But only small items in different colours:

- 2 bicolor PM agendas (I use them as cardholders too)
    - 2 Le24 coinpurses (yellow & orange chevre - I hardly ever use them, but they are so cute!)
    - 2 Pègase cadenas (gold & pall.)
    - 2 braided Jumbo bracelets (blue & black)

14. If I really like a design, I will get multiples---but in very different sizes and leathers and colors. So--I have three Kellys: a 35 black sellier in VL, a 35 Rouge H retourne in box calf and my latest 32 Gris T. retourne in Togo. They fill very different roles with my wardrobe. I do have two pairs of the heeled Hermes moccasin, one in black calf and one in brown suede. That is because I have alot of trouble finding a walking shoe that is comfortable and this model fits the bill.

15. Guilty with Boots. Two pairs of Hermes jumping boots. One with the Kelly lock and one without, a total for 4 pair of black box equestrian style boots, two Hermes.
    (Lets not talk about my 4 pair of embroiderd fleece and two green Chloe boots :ninja:smile:
    I will not wear flats unless they are boots or flip flops. Go figure.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice