Double sense decision

juss

Aug 15, 2013
dear Tpfers! i have been following your posts for some time but it is my first thread, since I am abit lost and would appreciate any help deciding whether or not to get a bag.
i was dreaming of finding a grat combo of Double Sense for a while. yesterday my SA showed me a bag in clemence 45 colvert/turquoise, and it is the best of what i saw in DS so far.
However the idea i had initially was a bag with one side perfect blue (colvert fits the bill perfectly, i love it), and the second side either orange or brownish (not gold though). SA said it is unlikely H will produce orange/blue. About brown she does not know.
while the bag is very pretty, it is two blue colours - one is for summer another all year around (colvert).
questions:
1. how do you find turquoise, not too bright? i saw a sample of Ciel and it could be easier to wear? what do you wear turquoise with? (i am dark blonde with pale skin). i wear blues, beige, grey, taupe, a bit black, and love browns.
2. could it be a bit heavy in Clemence? they will have Sikkim blue saphire/raison later.
3. do you know if combination blue/brown exists?

there are two more people on list for that bag who have to decide, but one is very hesitatnt because of size, the second one just bought tosca/indian brown, so i may have a chance to buy one... if not i will have to find elsewhere.;)
i appreciate your time and effort to help deciding! thank you all

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. how do you find turquoise, not too bright? i saw a sample of Ciel and it could be easier to wear? what do you wear turquoise with? (i am dark blonde with pale skin). i wear blues, beige, grey, taupe, a bit black, and love browns.

I personally don't find turquoise bright. And I think it goes really well with the colours you listed, apart from other blues. I think it suits your complexion very well.

2. could it be a bit heavy in Clemence? they will have Sikkim blue saphire/raison later.

I don't believe the 45cm size comes in sikkim but double check with your SA to see if the sapphire/raisin version is in 45 in sikkim. Most of the sikkim ones are 36 which I personally find too small for such a bag.

3. do you know if combination blue/brown exists?

I have never seen it and I don't think H will do this combo. All the combos I have seen so far are two colour close to each other rather than two completely contrast colours.

Hope this helps a little.

thanks a lot, it does! and now i recall SA mentioned one of the ideas behind DS is to have two similar colour (e.g. for summer and winter, although i know there are some with two winter colours or two summer colours).
i will double check on size in sikim, its important as i never tried 36, and i am 6 feet, so 45 is better for me in general.

one last point, you would not wear it with any of blues ? my Sa said i should not wear it even with turquoise, which is weird, as a matching top with otherwise white outfit would be perfect imho...
thanks a lot!

thanks a lot, it does! and now i recall SA mentioned one of the ideas behind DS is to have two similar colour (e.g. for summer and winter, although i know there are some with two winter colours or two summer colours).
i will double check on size in sikim, its important as i never tried 36, and i am 6 feet, so 45 is better for me in general.

one last point, you would not wear it with any of blues ? my Sa said i should not wear it even with turquoise, which is weird, as a matching top with otherwise white outfit would be perfect imho...
thanks a lot!

Sorry I don't understand the bold part. I said I would not wear turquoise with other blues in the same outfit. Unless it's something very dark blue. Not similar brightness but different toned blues. e.g. I would not wear turquoise with clothes such like mykonos. Sorry I use H colour names for everything.

You definitely need 45, a 36 will be way too small. I am 5' 4 and I need a 45!

ah ok, we understood each other. and yes, with Mykonos I would not wear it either. WIth dark blue yes! we think the same.
I also use H colour names for everything:balloon
I am settled on 45 size then. I was also shown DS in sikkim for men, which is size 60 I believe (very big), so probably they do exist in all sizes in Sikkim.

I really want it to be in blue! I think I will not use rouge casaque/rose too much. And my husband actively dislikes reds.
I hope I can still have a dark red bag one day, but not DS (too much of red) :smile:, but have to work on DH's taste...

I really want it to be in blue! I think I will not use rouge casaque/rose too much. And my husband actively dislikes reds.
I hope I can still have a dark red bag one day, but not DS (too much of red) :smile:, but have to work on DH's taste...

Sorry the link doesn't work properly. I meant this colour combo:

Attachments

• DS.JPG
    DS.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 719
Sorry the link doesn't work properly. I meant this colour combo:
thank you for your return, as strange as it sounds to many but i donot like Toska, indian brown must be nice though.
since you are right, blue/brown will not be possible, i realise colvert/turquoise is as good as it gets to my fav colour and to summer/winter wear...

Just had confirmed through DH that 'mallard' is the type of duck with the green neck, which in French is called "canard colvert", so suppose mallard and convert is the same.