Double Sens or Garden Party?

Which tote to get?

• Double Sens

• Garden Party (All leather)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShilohNouvel

Jan 7, 2010
I want to get a tote. I can't decide though whether it would be better to get a Double Sens tote or the Garden Party.

I initially liked the Double Sens tote. It's like having two bags in one :P though its a open tote, I feel that my things will be more secured since it has depth. Plus, I think it would be perfect to bring along during travels.

I noticed that a lot of TPFers are into the Garden Party. So that made me take a second look. I like that it's somewhat structured and I've seen some ladies use it as an office bag.

So, the dilemma. DS or GP? I don't think it make sense to have both (maybe in the future but not at this time)

TIA!
:smile:

i guess it really depends on which 1 you prefer on you. and also, the colour that both bags are available in does play a part. gp is sorta "open" as well in a way - with the button in the middle. are you thinking of getting the gp in canvas or leather? you might wanna consider the weight of the bag after putting your stuff into it as well. if you do intent to get both ultimately, i guess it would boil down to which is available in a colour preference of your liking and which would suit your daily needs more?

i hope this helps! look forward to your reveal :smile:

xx

which size GP and which size DS? what are you going to use the bag for? I mean, work or play, do you carry a lot of stuff, etc.

I see a place for both depending on what you are going to do with it. for me the GP in 36 is perfect (I had 30 before and for my purposes it was too small) but I would use it only for free time. personally I like it stiff and keep its stiffness, so some leathers wouldn't work for me.

the 45 DS in black will be my workhorse because I have to carry everything with me and have often left the house with two or even three bags. I can't stand it and decided on one big bag. one big plus is that you can put it over your shoulder.

I voted Garden party because there's more to the design of the bag and will look more Hermes than the DS, the DS can but mistaken for a Celine tote. BUT that being said, the colour combo of the DS gives you more to work with and you can get some amazing combinations, especially if you get one with two colours and two types of leather... can completely change your bag instantly! Conundrum!

I like the look of gp more but you can't easily wear on your shoulder. I'm petite and can only do so in the summertime. It won't go on my shoulder with coat on

I voted Garden party because there's more to the design of the bag and will look more Hermes than the DS, the DS can but mistaken for a Celine tote. BUT that being said, the colour combo of the DS gives you more to work with and you can get some amazing combinations, especially if you get one with two colours and two types of leather... can completely change your bag instantly! Conundrum!

ITA:smile:

I voted for the DS because it seems more "special' than the GP. Maybe it's the availability of the GP, but they seem to be everywhere. And the bi-color seems more H to me, for some reason.

I love my DS - it is fabulous for toting work files and traveling and I do not feel I need to be careful with it. I was told by SAs that the GP is not as strong for toting heavy files. Plus I love wearing it on the shoulder and the two colors are versatile for neutral or pop ( I have the graphite/electric blue). Good luck with your decision!

I love my GP's for every day use! I use a bag liner that keeps me organized and allows me to switch from one to the other easily. My wish for Valentine's Day or our Anniversary is for a DS. I think this is a wonderful travel bag because it is deeper and fits on your shoulder. My sister has one and loves it. Every time I see hers I try it on and love it! My only concern is organization. I wonder if anyone has ever had a liner made for their DS. It seems it would be a great idea for organization and to keep each side clean. Good luck with your decision, either one is a great choice IMHO!

I am not sure I can pick! I have both bags and really like and use both.

I think the DS is an under-rated bag. There is something about the two sides that makes it feel heavenly to the touch. I love putting it on my shoulder and feeling all the glorious leather under my arm. It's always makes me feel good when I carry it.

I think I tend to use my GPs more when I am going to in and out of my bag a lot. For me a taller bag is harder to get in and out of.

I think you could easily use and love either (or both!)

I don't think tpfers like the GP or the GP more or less, the GP just been around longer so more people have them.

I voted the DS. I have a large, flat leather bag with no hardware that is very similar and find it very useful especially for travelling and shopping. I know there is a Celine modernity about the DS and both YSL and SF had reversible totes too but there's no doubt that these kind of bags are a really useful idea and in the DS case, very beautiful too. So long as you like both colours on each side.

For me, it's a preference of leather & craftsmanship. IMHO, the DS is more beautifully crafted w/leathers I love. I don't feel the same about GPs, but I appreciate their appeal. Good luck on your decision!