Double heart pendant... too easily scratched?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello,

I am looking to get my other half a Tiffany necklace for her birthday and after browsing through I settled on the double heart pendant in Rubedo metal and silver. https://www.tiffany.co.uk/jewelry/necklaces-pendants/return-to-tiffany-double-heart-pendant-30872533/

However, I have seen a few posts saying that it is either too small or too easily scratched. The last thing I want is disappointment in a few months as it’s all scratched up and ruined from general wear.

My second option was for the Heart tag charm with the blue back.

https://www.tiffany.co.uk/jewelry/necklaces-pendants/return-to-tiffany-heart-tag-charm-GRP05849/

Any advice? I like the look of the 1st one more, but worried about this scratching issue

Thanks

2. Silver scratches. I have a handful of silver brackets that are pitted and scratched from wear. It’s unavoidable. I’ve purchased that necklace as a gift for family, and it’s really pretty. It is small, but it’s really nice in person. Scratches happen with all jewelry. It just shows that it’s loved.

3. I prefer the first as well. It’s pretty.

4. I have seen a lot of posts with people having problems with the blue enamel necklaces - it fading, losing colour, dropping out even. I would go for the first one, I have the double tag necklace and it really doesn’t get the wear bracelets or rings do, it’s barely scratched and I wore it everyday for years until I got a different style one.

5. I initially spent a lot of money on designer silver years ago when I got into jewellery but I do regret it now and wish I had saved the money for better quality gold or platinum instead, even if it would've meant owning fewer pieces. Silver tarnishes and scratches the easiest. I wouldn't buy it now. But it depends on your budget.