Double G or interlocking G belt? Help me decide...

laudr03

Apr 5, 2012
any suggestions? Does it matter the style? I like both but I'm curious to know which one you guys think look better. I want a belt that I can wear casually with jeans but be able to wear with a dress as a waist belt. Thoughts?

Reactions: Friisfriisfriis
Why are you in doubt, if you don't mind me asking? You don't like it?

Because i also like the double G belt:smile:
when I look around, it is always the double G i see. I'm afraid I maybe have bought a belt there is one the way out of the fashion scene, you can see the Soho collection is almost gone.

I have bought my belt impuls in Heathrow AirPort tax free so i have bought it to a good price:smile:
I know that I will be happy for it. it's just my thoughts:heart:

Reactions: Bee-licious
when I look around, it is always the double G i see. I'm afraid I maybe have bought a belt there is one the way out of the fashion scene, you can see the Soho collection is almost gone.

I have bought my belt impuls in Heathrow AirPort tax free so i have bought it to a good price:smile:

Gucci bring out new belts with different hardware all the time, the running GG will be replaced soon too or the colour of the hardware will change no doubt, on the other hand all these pieces are to love an keep forever, an ethos that Michele has been clear about throughout his new collections since becoming CD. I'd say the one you have is the most iconic and came out w a y before the Soho collection (in fact it has nothing to do with the Soho other than Gucci used the logo to put on the Soho). I have a very similar one and wear it in the Summer all the time (and from the men's dept). If where you live is very fashionable and/or you prefer then return this and get the running G, (however if you bought this at an airport that'll be difficult). Gucci is about personal expression IMO not following fashion.

Most of mine don't have any obvious logos but I couldn't resist this hand-painted enamel and still wear it:

bb5bc90b-c4e3-4ed9-97e7-b7d7f6ca3100_zpsmdffupgk.jpg

Gucci bring out new belts with different hardware all the time, the running GG will be replaced soon too or the colour of the hardware will change no doubt, on the other hand all these pieces are to love an keep forever, an ethos that Michele has been clear about throughout his new collections since becoming CD. I'd say the one you have is the most iconic and came out w a y before the Soho collection (in fact it has nothing to do with the Soho other than Gucci used the logo to put on the Soho). I have a very similar one and wear it in the Summer all the time (and from the men's dept). If where you live is very fashionable and/or you prefer then return this and get the running G, (however if you bought this at an airport that'll be difficult). Gucci is about personal expression IMO not following fashion.

Most of mine don't have any obvious logos but I couldn't resist this hand-painted enamel and still wear it:

bb5bc90b-c4e3-4ed9-97e7-b7d7f6ca3100_zpsmdffupgk.jpg
I agree. The double G is the one everyone is wearing right now but who knows if it would be popular in a few years. I see the interlocking G as a more classic design. I might end up getting that one. I'm visiting the Gucci boutique (or Nordstrom) next week so we'll see what catches my eye.

Reactions: papertiger
Hello! I am also thinking about getting a Gucci belt (double g) but I'm trying to decide between the skinnier one or the regular thickness one... Also for those who own them, do they have enough holes to be worn both on the waist with regular rise jeans and also on the natural waist, like where you would belt over a dress? Thanks for any advice!

I don't think the GG or double G of Gucci is ever "out of fashion". They ALWAYS bring that iteration back one way or another so don't worry!!!

Reactions: papertiger

It depends on the look you're going for and probably body shape and height too. Think about the belts you most wear already and that will give you your answer.