Double Eyelid at ITEM?

rengo

Nov 21, 2019
Hey everyone, i am new here but I am looking to hear about peoples experience at ITEM in general?

I am in the talks to do my eyelids at ITEM clinic. I requested for a video consultation but because of the peak season, they cannot do this for me. I got an estimated quote for almost 1550000 WON for Partial Incision. Is this considered expensive?

Another thing is that they required a deposit to reserve a spot for an eye surgery that takes 30 minutes. Is this common? I wanted to do a consultation before I get to that point. - I am a little time restraint when it comes to my stay in korea so i am only staying there for 4 days and wont have the freedom of taking my time to do consultation. I am set with ITEM because i have seen really good feed back videos etc. But i am still uncertain. Really hoping to hear about others experience with this clinic! Thanks :smile:

Last edited:
1.55mil krw for non-incisional des sounds reasonable. i consulted at item (one of my 3 shortlisted clinic down from 35) but eventually went with another clinic because mixed reviews of item wavered my confidence.

i had my incisional des + epi + lateral canthoplasty done at 2.2mil krw (before tax refund) if you would like a gauge of pricing. incisional des is usually slightly more expensive than non-incisional / partial incisional.

1.55mil krw for non-incisional des sounds reasonable. i consulted at item (one of my 3 shortlisted clinic down from 35) but eventually went with another clinic because mixed reviews of item wavered my confidence.

i had my incisional des + epi + lateral canthoplasty done at 2.2mil krw (before tax refund) if you would like a gauge of pricing. incisional des is usually slightly more expensive than non-incisional / partial incisional.
which clinic did you end up going with? I'm planning to get the same procedures done as you and 2.2mil seems like an attractive price

Do you remember which doctor you consulted with? Ive been trying really hard to look into ITEM but for some reason, I cant find much input on ITEM for double eyelids. Im going off of a youtuber that posted her experience at ITEM and the doctor did an amazing job on her.

Can you please share where you got yours done? :smile: and are you happy with the outcome?

@kay9999 I went to Mate PS (i mainly followed the doctor, who was formerly from Topface, but left to set up his own clinic in Aug 2019).

@rengo I consulted Dr Lee Jun Woo at Item (but that is because I wanted a higher crease and I liked his before/after results). The main eye doctor at Item is Dr Kim Jin Sung though. However, as the before/after results I have seen at Item were rather inconsistent compared to Dr Kim Geun Shik at Mate PS, I went with Mate PS eventually. The other clinic I consulted was PR Plastic Surgery, but they were aggressive in pushing for additional procedures, and the price quote was ridiculous.

I eventually also did rhinoplasty (tip only) at slightly more than $1.5mil (before tax refund) 3 weeks after my DES (also at Mate PS). Couldn't be happier with my results.

Last edited:
Reactions: goguma123
@kay9999 I went to Mate PS (i mainly followed the doctor, who was formerly from Topface, but left to set up his own clinic in Aug 2019).

@rengo I consulted Dr Lee Jun Woo at Item (but that is because I wanted a higher crease and I liked his before/after results). The main eye doctor at Item is Dr Kim Jin Sung though. However, as the before/after results I have seen at Item were rather inconsistent compared to Dr Kim Geun Shik at Mate PS, I went with Mate PS eventually. The other clinic I consulted was PR Plastic Surgery, but they were aggressive in pushing for additional procedures, and the price quote was ridiculous.

I eventually also did rhinoplasty (tip only) at slightly more than $1.5mil (before tax refund) 3 weeks after my DES (also at Mate PS). Couldn't be happier with my results.

Im clearly not doing enough research or know how to. I saw their before and after online but I cant tell who did what.

I tried searching for Mate PS and i cant find anything :sad:

How long did your rhinoplasty take to heal?? I actually had no idea that you can do tip only! thats something I want to do myself.

Thank you for your responses btw :smile:

@rengo, i have shared my before/after on the kkt chats, as well as my in depth review on beautyhacker.com, you may want to check that out.

i went with a translator as the clinic didn't have an in-house translator when i went (which was on the first week of its opening i believe). i heard they have since hired an english speaking consultant. their website is all in korean i believe.

my rhinoplasty took about 1-2 weeks to heal (way faster than my incisional DES which took about a month to settle, maybe because i asked for high crease and wasn't very diligent in following post-op instructions). i use septal and ear cartilage for the nose tip (to make it more projected from the side and narrower from the front).

Hey everyone, i am new here but I am looking to hear about peoples experience at ITEM in general?

I am in the talks to do my eyelids at ITEM clinic. I requested for a video consultation but because of the peak season, they cannot do this for me. I got an estimated quote for almost 1550000 WON for Partial Incision. Is this considered expensive?

Another thing is that they required a deposit to reserve a spot for an eye surgery that takes 30 minutes. Is this common? I wanted to do a consultation before I get to that point. - I am a little time restraint when it comes to my stay in korea so i am only staying there for 4 days and wont have the freedom of taking my time to do consultation. I am set with ITEM because i have seen really good feed back videos etc. But i am still uncertain. Really hoping to hear about others experience with this clinic! Thanks :smile:
Hi @rengo
I am in the process of requesting for video consultation with Dr Chung from Item. When is the peak season you referred to? and when do you plan to do the surgery? I am planning next feb. I saw inconsistent results for Dr Kim from Item so I would like to go with Dr Chung instead if choosing Item.

Hi @rengo
I am in the process of requesting for video consultation with Dr Chung from Item. When is the peak season you referred to? and when do you plan to do the surgery? I am planning next feb. I saw inconsistent results for Dr Kim from Item so I would like to go with Dr Chung instead if choosing Item.

@Bossam When I was messaging them on Whatsapp and requested for a video consultation, I was told that they do video consultation however not at this peak season and that peak season doesnt end until April. Their gallery to show before and afters are inconsistent. How are you able to tell who did what??

Im going in March! Did they give you an estimate?

Also please let me know if they confirmed a video consultation for you.

Last edited:
@rengo, i have shared my before/after on the kkt chats, as well as my in depth review on beautyhacker.com, you may want to check that out.

i went with a translator as the clinic didn't have an in-house translator when i went (which was on the first week of its opening i believe). i heard they have since hired an english speaking consultant. their website is all in korean i believe.

my rhinoplasty took about 1-2 weeks to heal (way faster than my incisional DES which took about a month to settle, maybe because i asked for high crease and wasn't very diligent in following post-op instructions). i use septal and ear cartilage for the nose tip (to make it more projected from the side and narrower from the front).

@cleanderella Do you by any chance have the link to your review? I cant find it! but im really interested to see your before and after!

Do you think translators are necessary in general? I was planning to just deal with everything myself in korea but i keep hearing how translators can help you "bargain" etc.

@cleanderella Do you by any chance have the link to your review? I cant find it! but im really interested to see your before and after!

Do you think translators are necessary in general? I was planning to just deal with everything myself in korea but i keep hearing how translators can help you "bargain" etc.

you can msg me on beautyhacker.com and i will send you the photos there or send me your kkt id there. as pf is not regulated i prefer corresponding over there.

translators usually earn a cut so they are biased. mine was from the gangnam medical centre (solely because clinic did not have any English speaking staff).

you can msg me on beautyhacker.com and i will send you the photos there or send me your kkt id there. as pf is not regulated i prefer corresponding over there.

translators usually earn a cut so they are biased. mine was from the gangnam medical centre (solely because clinic did not have any English speaking staff).

@cleanderella is your beautyhacker account the same ID as this one? I tried sending you a message but it says you cant receive messages. My Id is rengo05 :smile:

I got my DES at REGEN with Dr.Lee Seokjun and paid around 1.5mln. Was given 20% off for making reservation, booking my surgery date and depositing 10%. I think it’s fair enough as I got really good result :smile: