Dosan Park Hermes in Seoul Korea

I was at the H store near Myeong Dong, I'm Asian and I was walking in with my Caucasian husband. I didn't say anything in Korean but the lady kept saying stuff behind me in Korean.

Finally, I was a twilly that I liked and I kinda "wave" to the lady cause there was someone in between us, she looked so happy to see me finally ask her, and then have a giant smile, as soon as i talk to her in English. Her attitide totally change! and for whatever questions I asked, she doesn't even want to help, and I am not sure if this is the Korean Culture or it was just she was being rude and ignorant, she said "no" in a way that would make people very uncomfortable.

The most funny thing is I saw a Croc Kelly on display which says "reserve" the lady was looking at it didn't buy it, and I asked the price of a birkin, that's when she didn't even listen to what I said and before I could even finished my sentence, she gave me a big fat no... in the end, she said I could purchase the Croc Kelly, but they also have a waiting list for birkin and kelly that they're not accepting any people on... so strange!!

It's not a korean culture. Most of SA in boutiques or department are very kind and helpful and no problem with english or other language like japanese, chinese. My sister bought Prada bag years ago and the SA was very kind, helpful with the product and tax refund. I think she is just rude person. But what i don't like is that they are too discriminate vvip,vip from normal customer/ visitor(traveller) so i don't go to H when i'm in korea . It's so awkward because i'm korean too lol, maybe most of H SA is the problem. so i usually buy my H in canada where i live with nice service ^^

Never been to H stores in Seoul so far, probably shld visit one day as my sis always go there every mth for her business trip. Will ask her to visit with me when i'm there and see how we feel about the customer service there. However, it's great to hear from folks here about their experience...maybe it's just the SA not friendly enough IMO....hehe

How rude is that ? They sound like some Chinese hawkers when they threaten you after you've bargained and walk away. This is H and they should never give you a conditional offer. Buy this and get that especially this is over $10K.

They are not your best SA definitely..yes it reminds me of shopping in Hong Kong before the handover ...when u cant ask or touch unless you are 100% sure buying. It is conditional in my case and i was given a very short time to make a big decisions...not sure whether anybody on this forum have the same experience as me.

that's just sad to hear. Glad you didn't make a hasty decision despite it being to tempting to be offered a bag.

but on the other hand....the store only 'requested' you to spend as much as a bag on other items, which is approx $10k. Comparatively (with other stores in Asia), that is a really small number where often in other stores you may need to add one more zero behind it.

Yes, i realised it but its the way the thing ended that is pretty ugly. Next day when i walked in to looked at other stuffs...i mean it is a store opened for sales...i could feel the atmosphere was not good and the staff that served me saw me and hid away behind the cupboard and another followed me closely..it was a tense moment.