Dora anyone?

K.H.LVoe

Handbag Heaven
Sep 21, 2012
Does anyone here have the new Dora bag from the F/W collection? What do you think of the bag? I didn't like it at first in pictures but I took a liking to it at the boutique when I got my SL.

Does anyone know if it's still going to be available next year? I'm thinking, maybe I should sell some of my bags and get a Dora. It would be a very special piece to own.

I love the red monogram one.... But I order something else... If I didn't, I might get it.

The shoulder strap is just right on the smaller size... On the bigger one, a little odd IMO. Here are the pics:

Me too! I am supposed to snap a pic for a friend who is interested. And I ended up staring at it all day long.... The handles are a tad stiff though.

On a side note: I think the FW bags will not be sold out so quickly...

The last time I was into the Shop I played around with the beautiful blue Dora. I really like the handbag but it is strictly hand held. Although I do have a few LE Speedies, I far prefer a handbag that can have a shoulder strap attached for those quick shopping trips after work.

Also, for the price I would probably get another Soft Lockit or wait for the PM size to come out and see how that works.

But I do think the Dora is a beautiful handbag!

I liked the Dora when I first saw photos of it and after seeing it in the boutique I love it even more!!! So yes, go for it!!!

It's really special. I really hope they still have it next year!

The last time I was into the Shop I played around with the beautiful blue Dora. I really like the handbag but it is strictly hand held. Although I do have a few LE Speedies, I far prefer a handbag that can have a shoulder strap attached for those quick shopping trips after work.

Also, for the price I would probably get another Soft Lockit or wait for the PM size to come out and see how that works.

But I do think the Dora is a beautiful handbag!

At least the PM size has a shoulder strap so it's not handheld only.
You are certainly right about the SL. I'm waiting to see the SL PM (and I'll have to wait until next year before getting another bag in any case).

Me too! I am supposed to snap a pic for a friend who is interested. And I ended up staring at it all day long.... The handles are a tad stiff though.

On a side note: I think the FW bags will not be sold out so quickly...

I hope so! Hopefully they will also make Dora a permanent model and not just seasonal.

It's really special. I really hope they still have it next year!

At least the PM size has a shoulder strap so it's not handheld only.
You are certainly right about the SL. I'm waiting to see the SL PM (and I'll have to wait until next year before getting another bag in any case).

Oh, is that the case? I must have missed that. :P Oh my, I may need to go and take a look at the PM then. Thanks! :smile:

Does anyone here have the new Dora bag from the F/W collection? What do you think of the bag? I didn't like it at first in pictures but I took a liking to it at the boutique when I got my SL.

Does anyone know if it's still going to be available next year? I'm thinking, maybe I should sell some of my bags and get a Dora. It would be a very special piece to own.

Since it is a runway piece, I don't think there are many in production to begin with (between 50-100). I also find it quite difficult to find old seasonal bags once a new season has commenced. Cruise is lunching late November/early December so these bags would have been pulled from the boutique and stored elsewhere (or destroyed, that is the myth LV SAs tell you for bags that don't sell or didn't make the quality control cut).

In any case, I really LOVE the PM size. I decided not to buy it during its launch because I wanted to see the iconoclasts collection, knowing that the prices would be steep. Luckily, nothing in the new collection triggered the "love" button, so now I'm back to reconsidering the Dora PM. The only problem now is my SA has challenged me to not buy any LV for a month! Apparently, I see him too often. LOL So we'll see where this goes.