Dooneys and Friends Show Their Colors on Super Sunday!

The bag is here. Bad timing. Exactly delivered when DH was here for lunch. Well, it was DH's fault. Normally he's 1 hr earlier so by delivery time he's already at the office.
Anyway. The bag is the exact same size as the same style in the Portofino line. It's lighter than the Portofino. I weighted mine and Portofino was about 2.5 lbs and this one a bit less than 2lbs. The color is what I would say a true red. The leather is kind of stiff. I'm thinking it's very similar to the old calf leather, but a bit thicker. I'd say it's a smooth leather. Looks very durable, kind of what you would imagine to use if you were using it for a chair or something :lol:
The strap drop is about 9" long, but it might get more once it slouches.

The retail price on the tag is $328. I can say for sure, I would have not paid $328 for this bag. Although the leather might be very durable and last forever, it doesn't feel like a Dillen bag. For $139, I think is a good buy since you can use it on those times when you don't want to carry more weather or little hands delicate leathers.

Here are a few pics. I took some compare pics with regular phoebe, with the logo lock and with the medium arno. I think is very close in size to the logo lock. Slightly less deep though.

Hey MB! :hugs:

Our DH's can have the worse timing sometimes!:lol:

Thanks for being so detailed and for all the comparo pics. It sounds like it's good at $139, but a pass at $368. You know I love the color! I think it may be made out of the same leather my Colette is. It's not Dillen, but it's not pebbled, really.

I think this bag is lucky you live in Seattle since you're planning on taking her out on raining days. :lol:

I really hope you enjoy carrying her! Thanks for the all the pics!

Last edited:
Hey MB! :hugs:

Our DH's can have the worse timing sometimes!:lol:

Thanks for being so detailed and for all the comparo pics. It sounds like it's good at $139, but a pass at $368. You know I love the color! I think it may be made out of the same leather my Colette is. It's not Dillen, but it's not pebbled, really.

I think this bag is lucky you live in Seattle since you're planning on taking her out on raining days. :lol:

I really hope you enjoy carrying it! Thanks for the all the pics!

Hey SIU Mom! :hugs:
I just hope he's not here when FedEx delivers tomorrow and Wednesday. I have some stuff coming from Dillard's :graucho:

I agree, good buy at $139 (no shipping and no tax) but totally a pass at the retail price. No wonder they went relatively quickly to ILD at really marked down. I guess nobody bought them at retail price. I thought Collete was the pebbled leather QVC uses for all their bags, like the one in the crescent tote.

It looks like it will be good for rainy days. I can see the water just sliding down. Doesn't look porous at all.

Hey SIU Mom! :hugs:
I just hope he's not here when FedEx delivers tomorrow and Wednesday. I have some stuff coming from Dillard's :graucho:

I agree, good buy at $139 (no shipping and no tax) but totally a pass at the retail price. No wonder they went relatively quickly to ILD at really marked down. I guess nobody bought them at retail price. I thought Collete was the pebbled leather QVC uses for all their bags, like the one in the crescent tote.

It looks like it will be good for rainy days. I can see the water just sliding down. Doesn't look porous at all.

:lol: Do we get to see more pics tomorrow?

I've always been confused about the leather. It's not as pebbled as some of my other bags, but it's not smooth like some other bags. I call it pebbled leather for lack of another way to explain it.:confused1: Water slides down Colette. Whatever the leather is I love it!

The bag is here. Bad timing. Exactly delivered when DH was here for lunch. Well, it was DH's fault. Normally he's 1 hr earlier so by delivery time he's already at the office.
Anyway. The bag is the exact same size as the same style in the Portofino line. It's lighter than the Portofino. I weighted mine and Portofino was about 2.5 lbs and this one a bit less than 2lbs. The color is what I would say a true red. The leather is kind of stiff. I'm thinking it's very similar to the old calf leather, but a bit thicker. I'd say it's a smooth leather. Looks very durable, kind of what you would imagine to use if you were using it for a chair or something :lol:

The retail price on the tag is $328. I can say for sure, I would have not paid $328 for this bag. Although the leather might be very durable and last forever, it doesn't feel like a Dillen bag. For $139, I think is a good buy since you can use it on those times when you don't want to carry more weather or little hands delicate leathers.

Here are a few pics. I took some compare pics with regular phoebe, with the logo lock and with the medium arno. I think is very close in size to the logo lock. Slightly less deep though.

Wow, thanks for all the pics and info! Looks like a nice bag, and it's great that it's so much lighter than the Portofino. (I recall how heavy those bags are.) It's larger than I was expecting so I guess I'll pass, though that sale is tempting! I love the color, MaryBel. I appreciate the detailed review. :kiss:

:lol: Do we get to see more pics tomorrow?

I've always been confused about the leather. It's not as pebbled as some of my other bags, but it's not smooth like some other bags. I call it pebbled leather for lack of another way to explain it.:confused1: Water slides down Colette. Whatever the leather is I love it!

It sounds like they have the same kind of leather. I'm sure it will be nice to carry, especially since is so light.

ETA: oh yeah, between online and the outlet, I've been so bad that I have decided to stop going to the outlet, at least all this month (I'll have to do it a month at a time). I Have bought so many bags lately it's crazy! And btw, a few of the ones I bought at the outlet and the ones coming are red...I need to take pics tomorrow when DH is working.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for all the pics and info! Looks like a nice bag, and it's great that it's so much lighter than the Portofino. (I recall how heavy those bags are.) It's larger than I was expecting so I guess I'll pass, though that sale is tempting! I love the color, MaryBel. I appreciate the detailed review. :kiss:

Yes, I had forgotten how much heavier the Portofino was. When I pulled it out, I was holding the red with my other hand so I noticed the difference right away.

I'd say once it's full and slouching, it will feel the same as the logo lock. The logo lock was a tiny bit wider (like 2 or 3/8 of an in each side), but it might be just that they are a tiny bit different shape, this one a complete rectangle whereas the hobo maybe a bit more rounded sides and that's why it gets a little wider. I always think this size as a medium to large size. For example, the Florentine pocket satchel (like the one in my avatar pic to me is a med to small bag). I think this bag would be nice to wear for the same occasions as a tote.

It sounds like they have the same kind of leather. I'm sure it will be nice to carry, especially since is so light.

ETA: oh yeah, between online and the outlet, I've been so bad that I have decided to stop going to the outlet, at least all this month (I'll have to do it a month at a time). I Have bought so many bags lately it's crazy! And btw, a few of the ones I bought at the outlet and the ones coming are red...I need to take pics tomorrow when DH is working.

Colette is light and nice to carry. Of course I'm not carrying her now because she has an magnetic snap opening and that's not going to work for me in this weather. I'm still carrying "Mandi" (MK Mandarin Jet Set Chain Tote) and she's working very well in this weather.

I can't wait to see pics of your new Red bags, I mean all your new bags!:lol:

I know what you mean about slowing down the shopping. As you probably know I'm on HBR until vacation in April. I was browsing TJ Maxx at lunch yesterday (I know, I'm a glutton for punishment!), and I saw this cute Rebecca Minkoff pouch. It's the perfect size for lipstick and a few other items. My phone also fits if I wanted to use it as a small wallet/clutch. It was $19.99+tax. I know what "P.Y.T." is suppose to mean, but since that doesn't apply to me:lol:, I decided "P.Y.T." for me will mean "Plan Your Trip"! This way every time I use it I'll be reminded to save for my trip.:lol:

Attachments

• DSC05727.JPG
    DSC05727.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC05729.JPG
    DSC05729.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 63

Thanks for your great review. The comparisons are great!

Great review and pics MaryBel! You got a fantastic deal on that one and it looks like you will get a lot of use out of it! looking forward to more on your Dillard's bags!

Colette is light and nice to carry. Of course I'm not carrying her now because she has an magnetic snap opening and that's not going to work for me in this weather. I'm still carrying "Mandi" (MK Mandarin Jet Set Chain Tote) and she's working very well in this weather.

I know what you mean about slowing down the shopping. As you probably know I'm on HBR until vacation in April. I was browsing TJ Maxx at lunch yesterday (I know, I'm a glutton for punishment!), and I saw this cute Rebecca Minkoff pouch. It's the perfect size for lipstick and a few other items. My phone also fits if I wanted to use it as a small wallet/clutch. It was $19.99+tax. I know what "P.Y.T." is suppose to mean, but since that doesn't apply to me:lol:, I decided "P.Y.T." for me will mean "Plan Your Trip"! This way every time I use it I'll be reminded to save for my trip.:lol:

Nice find at TJ Maxx RN and I love it's meaning! P.Y.T. :smile:

Nice find at TJ Maxx RN and I love it's meaning! P.Y.T. :smile:

Thanks TB!

At first I wasn't going to get it because I thought the letters would mock me!:lol: But I really loved the size of it, and I walked around the store with it in my hand until it occurred to me I could change what the letters meant to me! (You know we'll do whatever we have to, to justify buying something!:lol:)

Thanks TB!

At first I wasn't going to get it because I thought the letters would mock me!:lol: But I really loved the size of it, and I walked around the store with it in my hand until it occurred to me I could change what the letters meant to me! (You know we'll do whatever we have to, to justify buying something!:lol:)

:smile: Nothing like being taunted by your bag :smile: I think you did the right thing. :smile:. Enjoy her.

I hate when weather makes us choose which bag to carry, although sometimes it gives the excuse to get a different bag out! The MK in mandarin is gorgeous!

And yesterday just as I said no more purses, I saw one that I was stalking at Nordstrom go to 65%, so I had to order it. I thought my order was going to be cancelled since the bag was showing as not available when you followed the link but it was still on my cart with a price and everything so I hit submit. I thought worst case I won't get it. Well, I got a shipping confirmation. We'll see once it gets here. It's a R Minkoff tote and they had the matching little wristlets so I had to get it too. But that's it, no more for me (for this month). They are black btw.
Ah, update on the Dillard's stuff, the 2nd package (originally due for tomorrow) is coming today too. I hope DH is not here.

btw, Love the little wristlet! You did the right thing and I love the meaning you gave it!

Thanks for your great review. The comparisons are great!

No problem TB!

Great review and pics MaryBel! You got a fantastic deal on that one and it looks like you will get a lot of use out of it! looking forward to more on your Dillard's bags!

Thank you LG!
Dillard's loot coming later today! yay!

Yes, I had forgotten how much heavier the Portofino was. When I pulled it out, I was holding the red with my other hand so I noticed the difference right away.
For example, the Florentine pocket satchel (like the one in my avatar pic to me is a med to small bag). I think this bag would be nice to wear for the same occasions as a tote.

I looove how thick Portofino was. Sigh.

I love the RM pouches. I didnt know TJs carried them. I'll check them out but knowing my luck, I doubt they will have any.

How cute is that?!! Love it!